“Dishonest Management”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Dishonest Management”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Inn at the Shore has been our frequent place to stay at Seaside. On our last visit, when we left our room to go to the beach I place new smart phone on the night stand. When we returned the room my phone was gone. I immediately notified the front office and was informed that I probably misplaced my phone. I then contacted the Seaside Police Dept. They immediately started an investigation of the cleaning crew. One of the cleaning ladies admitted to stealing my phone and was given an ultimatum by the police to return the phone. The phone was returned to my room in a paper bag and smelled like cigarette smoke. The Inn at the Shore management informed me that they would refund half of my two day stay and that my stay was not working out for them and preferred that I leave their establishment. This was the worst place I ever stayed will never return. BEWARE OF THEFT WHEN STAYING HERE!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Art W
Susan L, Owner at Inn at the Shore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We have not had an incident of this nature in 2012. We are contacting
Art W to see if there has been a mistake. Possibly our inn has been confused
with one of the many other inns in Seaside. Susan L, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were very pleased at not having to get back into our car to go anywhere after we arrived. Everything is within walking distance! The sun was out and we walked the promenade into town for restaurants and shops. The staff was amazing and directed us to a couple of great places to eat in town.

Room Tip: Request top ocean front room third floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AMITY OR
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great time. We really like where the Inn is located at the beginning of the Prom.We took a walk all the way down to the end of the Prom, great walk and alot of people on the Prom this time of year. We got back to the Inn and the room was clean and smelled like we just checked in.We stayed on the 3rd floor in a room that was just remodeled we like what they have done to the room.I like the new carpet and the kitchen. Thanks to all the staff for making are stay great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight just before Christmas. The room was large and spacious with a king bed, fireplace and seating area. We had an oceanfront room with a balcony and jacuzzi tub. The jacuzzi was awesome and the inn provided bath salts which was really a nice surprise & out of the ordinary! The barhroom could use a face lift but was spotless and a great size. We just happened to be here during a storm and didn't get to really enjoy the balcony or beach. The inn keepers were awesome and called us around 8:30 to offer a lantern for any power outage & brought them up. There was free wi-fi and a DVD player. Kitchenette in the room with tea & coffee. It was a great place to stay at the end of town-a little bit quieter than staying right in town but could be easily biked & walk might take a few but in nice weather wouldn't be an issue. This is a great place for a quick getaway or long stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at this inn many times and always leave pleased and looking forward to the next I like that it is on the end of the prom where it's not too busy and touristy. I feel closer to the sea. I love walking in the room opening the curtain and the sea is right there. It's always really clean and the prices are reasonable too which means a lot to me.

• Stayed November 2012
Yelm, Washington
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place was awesome. The little things make a great impression, bath salts, bubble bath, nice lotion, shampoo and such not like the cheap hotel stuff. jacuzzi tub was great. Excellent pricing for location and amenities, everywhere else for comparable amenities was over $200. We will come back, and we have told our friends about this wonderful place. The only thing I would chage is the cleaning detergent for the towels they smelled a little funny.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed twice now at Inn at the Shore and both times we have been just thrilled with our stay! This time around we stayed in their two bedroom room with my family. The room was absolutely beautiful! The view from the room couldn't be better, the beds were soft, and the kitchen had all the comforts of home! We brought our dog, and they provided us with bowls and a towel for her, which was wonderful! The service is always wonderful and warm, this is definitely one of our favorite places to stay when we come to Seaside!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Best Western Ocean View Resort
#4 of 27 in Seaside
Tolovana Inn
Tolovana Inn
#9 of 14 in Cannon Beach

Been to Inn at the Shore? Share your experiences!