“Great old-time drinks and memorabilia!”

Flashback MALT Shoppe
Ranked #5 of 10 Dessert in Seaside
Reviewed December 27, 2018

Great coffee and malts! So sorry to hear they are moving their merchandise to The Antique Mall and the soda shop is closing!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We peeked into Flashback on an evening walk on Broadway in Seaside, and once we saw the old-fashioned dream machine shake maker, we decided to sit a spell.

They don’t make soda fountains like this anymore friends. The proprietor (pictured) is a happy guy and he says he radiates good energy because he never meets bad-tempered people in his shop: “Negative people don’t eat ice cream,” he said.

The music is soft and appealing, Francis Albert, Perry Como, Al Martino, Bing and some Elvis. They sell gifts but we split a banana split and it was terrific. If you want to know how post war soda fountains looked and felt, Flashback on Broadway in Seaside takes you there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018

We loved the idea of this shop (old fashioned) so we stopped in and ended up speaking for quite a while with the owners, who were both so friendly and interesting. Since we had just eaten dinner, we didn't order any ice cream but will definitely go back the next time we visit Seaside.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

This place takes me back to the times of a friendly soda shop complete with counter-top stools, pictures, posters, and other paraphenelia. And...the chocolate malt I had was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend this place to anyone hankering for a homemade ice cream treat.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

My husband loved it- tons of knicknacks and up front is what could be a super charming little malt shop, but the warning signs about not touching anything kind of throw the mood. I'm pretty picky, so I wasn't stoked on the oil instead of dairy based ice cream/whipped cream, and she DID warn us that the corndogs would be microwaved, but we were hungry. It's great for some people I'm sure, but not a place I'd likely frequent.

Date of visit: June 2018