“excellent new Seaside restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Crabby Oyster
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“excellent new Seaside restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just visited our newest restaurant in Seaside and loved it. First of all, it's a charming setting; very nicely decorated. We walked in with 10 people and the servers were very accommodating. Although the restaurant is pretty new and was almost full, they were able to fit us in fairly quickly. The service was excellent. Our server already knew her menu and was able to make some recommendations. Most of us had fish and chips, with some burgers and full dinners as well. I had cod fish and chips with cole slaw for$8--no complaints there. Menu prices range from 8 to 10ish for burgers, to 17-25 for full dinners. there is something for every one at any price. Prices are definitely inline with other restaurants near the beach. I heard the cole slaw was watery but this was not the case with mine. it needed a touch of salt but was otherwise delicious. The fish and chips were excellent--served piping hot. maybe too much breading--but crisp and tasty and a good size portion of fish. Homemade french fries completed the meal. Our server was fine with our separate checks and didn't rush us, even though they had another party of 8 waiting to take over. Much better than other fish restaurants near by, great food, cuter atmosphere, and very friendly waitstaff. I will be back!

• Visited June 2013

Seaside, Oregon, United States
“Great service, food too pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I work at a local hotel and get asked many times a day where to eat. I think it is my responsibility to eat where they will eat and give them factual advice. The atmosphere is open and light-beachy. I liked that aspect. The waitress was very nice, especially for her second day. I had a gourmet burger called the California Sun. I am not sure what made it gourmet. It was tasty and on the small side. The burger came with fried jalapenos, pepper jack and chipotle mayo and a choice of hand cut fries, coleslaw, or potato salad. I chose the fries. The fries were greasy and limp, not appetizing at all. My partner had salmon fish and chips with the potato salad. The salmon itself was good and decent size, but the breading was so greasy and thick, she pried the salmon out of it and ate it without the breading. The potato salad was bland and had too much dressing. So we got a sample of the coleslaw and the poor cabbage was swimming in slaw dressing, however, it was better than the potato salad.. The ice tea was good and at 2 bucks, it was worth it.

In summary: at $24.00 for lunch, I can't really tell my guests to go here. The food seems mediocre and the prices are $3-5.oo higher than surrounding eateries. for example: The chowder is 7, but you can get award winning chowder next door at Norma's for &4-6.00. I want this restaurant to survive but it needs to be competitive on its pricing, as the locals won't eat there in the winter if the food is greasy and overpriced, and the summer tourists will not eat twice. Note to the owners...competitive pricing will help an awful lot and less grease will bring em back:)

• Visited June 2013