“Not our favorite”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The decor is very nice, especially on a cold night.

Our waiter was friendly - but too much so, making a comment that was wholly inappropriate to total strangers.

We ordered food that was tasty, but over-priced and odd. Steamer clams were cooked in a overwhelmingly and unpleasant sweet sauce, our clam chowder was excellent, and strangely, our salad came after we were done with the rest of our meal.

The food was okay, but we'll never return. Sorry, we wanted to enjoy your restaurant ... but we didn't.

1  Thank Richard R

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Seemed like a nice atmosphere (if you like live piano) but the service was AWFUL. Would never recommend and would never return (we spend a lot of time in Seaside). If this place is the new catch in town, I can see it being thrown back real fast! Do yourself a favor, eat some place else!!

2  Thank W L
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Seaside to spend the night. We arrived at around 10:30 am. Around 11, we went searching for a place to have a bite of breakfast and came across Finn's Fish House. I remember years ago that this place was called Pudgie's and the food then was fantastic! We went in and looked at the menu that was posted. It stated that breakfast was served until noon. Upon being seated and handed a lunch menu, we were informed that the menu was wrong and that breakfast was only served until 11 am. Not to be deterred, although, I was slightly put off with being seated by a sliding door on a chilly morning, my husband and I both opted to get the 3 piece cod fish and chips. I have to mention in this review, that there were apparently some regular patrons seated behind us (we were seated next to the fireplace) and their language was quite colorful and nothing was said to them about toning it down. The waitress was super attentive to them while we sat and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Had we not ordered by that point in time, I would have simply got up and left. Because we had ordered, we waited some more. I was pretty chilly by this time because someone with a dog decided that they wanted to brave the cold and sit outside because their dog was tethered to the rail or whatever it is outside. I get that. I would want to watch my dogs, as well, if I were to take them to a restaurant. They didn't wait all that long and their order came out. We were still waiting. I think I went through 3 glasses of ice tea while waiting. Finally, our cod arrived at the table. From the initial appearance of the dish, it looked like something I could have gotten off of a food truck. It was just thrown on the paper and plastic holder. I guess for the price of a 3 piece fish and chips, I sort of expected it to come out on something more than you would get at McDonald's. Anyhow, still, not one to be deterred, I picked up the first piece of cod and had to immediately set it down because of a couple of reasons. The first was that it was greasy and WAY too greasy. The batter was not crisp. It was completely soggy. The fish was, at best, lukewarm. This leads me to believe that the waitress, who was pretty much non-existent, had more important customers to wait on (the dude out on the patio and the cussing men behind us) and forgot about our order. I had to actually eat the piece of fish with a fork as it was incredibly undercooked and mushy. I think that Finn's needs to have their temp gauges on their deep fryers checked or simply go down to the kitchen outlet store there in Seaside and purchase a simple candy thermometer for about $3 to get an accurate reading on the temperature of the oil. I had a few bites and just left the rest. This leads me to the French fries that came with the fish. These fries were incredibly OVER-COOKED. Seriously...I had to douse them with about a quarter of a bottle of malt vinegar so that I didn't wake the baby up that was with the couple that came in that they seated on the other side of the fireplace from us because of crunching on them. I would truly love to know where this cook learned to cook fish and chips because I've had better going through Iowa and I'm pretty sure they served me Van de Kamp's! When the server finally got around to seeing if we needed anything (NO THANK YOU...I've had quite enough of your establishment) and how everything was, I really don't appreciate her looking at me like I had 3 heads and had just arrived out of an alien spaceship because I told her that things were OK. From reading the other reviews here on TripAdvisor, I'd have to venture a guess and say I wasn't alone in thinking that this restaurant is absolutely shameful at portraying themselves as a "fish" house. One would think that one would actually be able to cook fish in order to be considered a "fish" house. So, to anyone thinking of eating at Finn's...save yourself the headache and your wallet and go to Dairy Queen or Burger King for a fish sandwich, it would taste a lot better and you won't need an aspirin or a Tums afterward. Epic fail, Finn's...I'm spreading the word.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Walked in around 7pm. We made the third table seated in entire restaurant. Took 20 min to get a drink, the one waitress should have been working at a truck stop not a up scale restaurant. Appetizers never made it out. Was there an hour when food arrived, i remind you only 3 tables total!!! As im complaining about the service to another patron the host yells at me across the dining room that i shouldnt be rude and complain. Literally gets into a yelling match with me 50 ft away. It was embarrassing! When i asked him why he didnt help the server since she was overwhelmed with '3' tables, he yelled back waiting tables wasnt his responsibility! He then starts yelling and teared up crying that it was suppose to be his night off and shouldn't even be working! OMG it was almost comical!

1  Thank mike m
dinneronbroadway, Marketing Director at Finn's Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Most often people would not be thankful for feedback in this matter but we do truly take each situation and assess it from all views and want to make sure our customers are taken care of first and foremost. It is unfortunate the perception and experience you have mentioned in this feedback and we are sorry you weren't able to enjoy your meal. We will make sure our team members are reminded of our high standards at Finn's and we hope you were able to enjoy more of the Oregon Coast.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a nice corner booth on a busy Friday night. Our server, Cayte, was super nice and served us promptly and with a smile. We both had appetizers (oyster shooters and shrimp cocktail) and the fish tacos as our main course. Everything was delicious and tasted so fresh! The live piano player was the best part. Older gentleman with glasses playing all the classics. Would definitely recommend for a good, delicious meal with a casual relaxing feel.