“Average for Seaside, Poor for Other Areas” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaside Brewery

Seaside Brewery
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Spokane, Washington
“Average for Seaside, Poor for Other Areas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I ate here for the 1st time a year ago. They had a few unique foods, then, so I returned with my family on May 31, about 4:00 p.m.. In short, the food and prices were disappointing. Their beers are OK, but just OK. The service on this trip was really very good -- good attitudes, good attention, and as quick as the kitchen could be.

The overall atmosphere is pretty good.

My favorite item on the menu then and now was a set (3 separate) oysters shots (raw oyster in shot glass with medium tangy cocktail sauce and a lemon wedge) (3 for $3.75). Those were cold and tasty. Next, I had the "Scotch eggs" appetizer (2, sliced in half, for $7.95), which are hard-boiled eggs, peeled, wrapped in a layer of sausage, then deep-fried (briefly). These are not greasy and are pretty tasty.

Then, I had a bowl of their house chili, made with BBQ brisket, black beans, and chili flavor (not spicy). When I had these a year ago, there were huge chunks of brisket and the chili, itself, was very thick and hearty. This time, it had much less beef and the chili was thin and watery, like soup. Inconsistent quality.

One in our party had their clam chowder, which she stated (and I tasted) was just average, at best).

My adult son ordered fish and chips. He also asked for a side of ranch dressing for his fries, and I later learned that we were charged 50 cents for a small plastic cup of ranch.

The 3 fish portions were small but were still over-cooked and inedible. My guess is that the oil was not hot enough and so the portions were left until the batter got sort of brown but the interior cooked for too long. He ate one piece then sent it back, getting a Reuben as a replacement. He described the Reuben as "OK." I have to add that the server and other staff were very accommodating.

My wife and daughter both ordered the "Thai Salad," which my daughter said had too much cabbage and not enough dressing. She was brought a little extra dressing. My wife described her salad, again, just as "OK."

One of the 2 children with us wanted a 10" cheese pizza, instead of items from the children's menu. When I saw that a 10" CHEESE pizza was $12 (!), we talked him into mac and cheese.

Including 6 beers and only water, with tip, my tab was $120. "OK" is not good enough for food at that price.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Portland, Oregon
“Go for the Oyster Shooters and Reubens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Pros: Outdoor seating; casual spot near the beach; prompt service; 3 gorgeous, plump, fresh tasting oysters in their shooters; while not a N.Y. Rueben, their interpretation is remarkably good. I digress. Their corned beef isn't fatty, like NYC style (I'm a Jew from Queens and Brooklyn, so I know). It's lean, beer soaked, tender, piled high, and pretty freaking awesome. I only intended to eat 1/2 the sandwich, but downed the entire shebang and craved more. Eat. This. Sandwich.; visitor Tap selection is modest (8ish), but offers a good variety.

Cons: Only 3 of their own beers on Tap and all were pretty similar (very Hoppy); paid $2.95 for a mediocre side salad instead of fries.

After multiple trips there I feel comfortable saying Seaside doesn't have a lot of quality or affordable dining options. This relatively new Brewery nicely fills a spot the city has needed for a long time. Friendly, filled with locals, better than average pub food, reasonable prices, and a homey place for a beer and a bite after a day at the coast with your loved one(s).

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stopped to have a cold one and had sweet littleneck clams!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great craft beers and great attitudes. Try the dynamite beer, delicious. Good time talking about the area with the bartender.Fun times on the oregon coast.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carla F
Bellevue, Washington
“Cool historic building, decent beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Overall, we enjoyed our visit. The Seaside Brewery is in the old Seaside jail. Very cool historic building and lots of space. There are two floors of tables and then an outdoor deck on the second floor.

We visited the brewery for beer and apps. The beer was decent, but not necessarily as advertised. The blonde ale seemed rather hoppy to be considered a blonde. The stout was good though. We tried chicken wings and build your own fish tacos, and enjoyed both very much. Very satisfying with the beer.

Good place to stop by for a drink, but wouldn't spend all night there either...

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Tasty beer. Nice diggs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food is pretty pretty decent pub fair. Reasonably priced and tasty but a pretty long shot from fine dining or any real imagination.

I enjoyed the beer and the atmosphere in the old renovated court house was nice too. Out of all the places I saw in Seaside, I'd probably go back there first

Visited April 2014