“Forget The Food!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice atmosphere and a number of craft beers available. Stop there.
We had lunch after 2PM and so there was no pressure on the chef.
My wife's tuna was overcooked and definitely smelled and tasted fishy. A sign that the fish was not fresh.
The "grass fed" beef burger was lacking any flavor and the fries were soggy.
Friendly wait staff. Might be a good place to stop for a beer but don't order the food.

1  Thank SammamishEd

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our family of four + large puppy ended up here based on a recommendation and it delivered as promised. With our dog in tow we had to sit outside which wasn't that bad. It was nice out but it is a hardcore wood bench table.

For a brewery I didn't really feel particularly impressed with the beer offering. They presumably have a variety of bottles but I opted for two options on the draft board (which was written so poorly in chalk it was near intelligible). The kids colored while waiting for their food and their meals arrived in a plastic beach bucket w/ shovel that's yours to keep after. Cool, I guess, the kids were happy. Typical child's menu fare, daughter got mini corn dogs which were exactly what you get frozen at Costco and our son got a decent order of fish and chips. Based on server recommendation we both got the fish tacos which come deconstructed consisting of hot tortillas, some chipotle sauce, mango salsa, cabbage and cilantro. The fish wasn't anything spectacular with an abundance of fried batter. The plate made about five fish tacos and with all the ingredients combined it tasted good. We were also all pretty starving.

Sitting outside was perfect for the puppy and they have dog water dishes down by each of the tables (though our puppy is still awaiting a final round of shots so we opted for our own dish and water).

The service was pushing average. Nothing took particularly long but there were huge gaps when the server was nowhere to be seen.

Ultimately we came hungry, looking for a place to eat, grab a beer and manage a feisty puppy in tow and Seaside Brewing got the job done.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We are locals. I have followed this brewpub with great interest as it is exactly what I want to see in this location. Our earlier experiences ranged from unsatisfactory to barely acceptable. We were told by friends that things are much better so 22 hours later we were here. The food seems better. This was the first time we felt food for both was good. I came for the beer. There were several excellent guest taps. There was no locally brewed beer AGAIN! Earlier visits the reason was because the local beer always sold out quickly. I know that was true but wondered why they didn't increase production. Now they promise adequate supplies in a couple of weeks as they move to a 15 barrel production program. I hope they do and soon. Based on past history I don't know about two weeks. I am hoping for the best. If the brewery ever gets there I will be a regular customer but I won't start making space on my calendar. I have been disappointed before. Sorry! Good luck!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by hotel staff at Best Western. Went for late afternoon lunch. Building/setting is beautiful and full of character. Decided to sit upstairs and told we could sit where we wanted.

When the waitress arrived we were looking for a bit of direction with regards to the beer offerings and she offered no help whatsoever. She was completely indifferent and basically lifeless.

We ordered a sampler and especially enjoyed the 29er Brown.

When it was time to order I asked if the veggie burger was made in house and her response was a shrug and "I don't know, I doubt it." I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my husband ordered the burger. Mine was delicious but my husbands burger was lacking in taste and appearance.
The experience was mediocre. If the waitress had a little more life in her I think my judgement wouldn't be as harsh.

I wish them well but give this advice: train your staff on the menu, teach customer service skills and uniformly straighten up chairs at each table so that when a customer is seated they aren't left wondering if they are sitting in the last customers crumbs.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I have been here several times because friends have asked to go here. Each time we have tried something different looking for good food. This time we tried the chili. The chili lacked any spiciness and was mostly tomato sauce, assorted types of beans, and a few pieces of very fatty meat. There were no chopped onions or cheese to top it. The fresh bread was a squishy piece of bread the size of a crouton. The plate of fries was a handful of fries with an unidentified sauce. Even though this is suppose to be a brewery, there was no house brewed beer available. We love a good brew pub with good bar food. This isn't it.