“Worst Pizza I ever had”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Aloha, OR
“Worst Pizza I ever had”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stopped to try this place since we had never been here. When we arrived the 4 of us were the only people there. Ordered a pizza that cost $26 that was not worth $2. Very hard doughy tasting crust. Waitress only had us to wait on and she still brought us a pizza with canadian bacon when we specifically requested to not have it on the pizza. We did have a good bucket of clams and the beer was good.

• Visited April 2013

Seaside, Oregon
“Don't go for the food...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have tried many times but have had to give up. The food is terrible and the service isn't that great either. If you're just there for the "brew pub" part of the trip I think you'll do ok....

Visited January 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
“best kept secret in Seaside”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat in Seaside on a Sunday afternoon. There was no parking on the Broadway strip, so we decided to try Seaside Brewing Company. What a find! Their own beer, their own smoked meats, their own breads, BBQ sauce, sauerkraut (what don't they make in-house?). My partner had the reuben, and my only complaint was that the [homemade] sauerkraut was a little mild. I couldn't decide and asked our server for a recommendation. He recommended the house-smoked brisket, which turned out to be an inspired choice -- surprisingly lean, well done (but not falling apart), succulent, and perfectly complemented by the bun and homemade BBQ sauce (both outstanding). BBQ sauces are often too spicy or too sweet for my tastes; this one was not spicy (as advertised) and it was sweet but with really complex flavors -- not your usual ketchup & brown sugar glop. Fries (instead of chips) were $1 extra, but worth it and I'm sure that's one way they keep the prices down. And the beer! Visitor center staff had told us that the beer at SBC had won awards, and I'm not surprised. We found two house-brewed porters among the several beers on the board that day and both were excellent, yet very different. What else can I say about this relatively young brew-pub? The service was excellent, friendly, and they know their product well. The prices were reasonable and the food was GOOD (a rare combination for Seaside, IMHO). And the space is big: two downstairs dining areas, an upstairs dining area, and at least 3 outside areas (up and down). The only negative was that we had no ocean view. (Maybe the ocean is visible from the upstairs patio? I don't know.) My advice: Don't miss SBC if you're in Seaside.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anon5471
North Lakewood
“Nice to have a brewery in Seaside”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped to check out the new place and have a few beers. It's in an old building that used to be the town jail. We tried a few beers and they were very good. We didn't have time to eat but the menu looked good. It was a very busy place and we took that as a good sign!

• Visited February 2013
Gearhart, Oregon
“Getting better”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First visit for awhile. Finally got a chance to try their award winning beer. Good stuff. Food was good too. Burger with blue cheese was wonderful. Reuben good too. Others with us enjoyed their food too. Has a ways to go but better every visit.