“best kept secret in Seaside”
Review of Seaside Brewery

Seaside Brewery
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat in Seaside on a Sunday afternoon. There was no parking on the Broadway strip, so we decided to try Seaside Brewing Company. What a find! Their own beer, their own smoked meats, their own breads, BBQ sauce, sauerkraut (what don't they make in-house?). My partner had the reuben, and my only complaint was that the [homemade] sauerkraut was a little mild. I couldn't decide and asked our server for a recommendation. He recommended the house-smoked brisket, which turned out to be an inspired choice -- surprisingly lean, well done (but not falling apart), succulent, and perfectly complemented by the bun and homemade BBQ sauce (both outstanding). BBQ sauces are often too spicy or too sweet for my tastes; this one was not spicy (as advertised) and it was sweet but with really complex flavors -- not your usual ketchup & brown sugar glop. Fries (instead of chips) were $1 extra, but worth it and I'm sure that's one way they keep the prices down. And the beer! Visitor center staff had told us that the beer at SBC had won awards, and I'm not surprised. We found two house-brewed porters among the several beers on the board that day and both were excellent, yet very different. What else can I say about this relatively young brew-pub? The service was excellent, friendly, and they know their product well. The prices were reasonable and the food was GOOD (a rare combination for Seaside, IMHO). And the space is big: two downstairs dining areas, an upstairs dining area, and at least 3 outside areas (up and down). The only negative was that we had no ocean view. (Maybe the ocean is visible from the upstairs patio? I don't know.) My advice: Don't miss SBC if you're in Seaside.

1  Thank Anon5471
There are newer reviews for Seaside Brewery

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped to check out the new place and have a few beers. It's in an old building that used to be the town jail. We tried a few beers and they were very good. We didn't have time to eat but the menu looked good. It was a very busy place and we took that as a good sign!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First visit for awhile. Finally got a chance to try their award winning beer. Good stuff. Food was good too. Burger with blue cheese was wonderful. Reuben good too. Others with us enjoyed their food too. Has a ways to go but better every visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

It was a little dead on a thursday night at 5:30. That is always good for our rambunctious troop. Because of previous TA posts, I ordered the thai salad and clam chower. Oh yum! My husband loved the cheeseburger and the kids were ECSTATIC over the bucket and shovel that their meals came with.
Good service and laid back staff. Good beer, but no wine or spirits. Its a brewery, though, so what'ya expect right?!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice little brewhouse, what we've come to expect in the Pacific NorthWest. Of course we didn't go to the restaurant side where one may dine with the kiddies, but we found a home at the beautiful bar, constructed within an old jailhouse. Friendly people to chat with, great bartenders and good stuff on tap. We only had appetizers here and they were fine, but we went there for the ales.