“Great Chowder, Great Home Brew”
Review of Seaside Brewery

Seaside Brewery
Ranked #16 of 111 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Forest Grove, Or
“Great Chowder, Great Home Brew”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Drove 55 miles specifically for the seafood chowder. We were not disappointed. May be the best on the Oregon Coast. Add in house brewed beers and you can't beat it. They have fish, smoked fish and landlubber offerings too. Black Dynamite Stout mirrored it's name in every respect. Unlike anything I have had before. Small BrewPub atmosphere with some outside seating.

• Visited March 2013

Keizer, Oregon
“If you want a good beer, this is the place.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great selection of beer. Waitress seemed to be overwelmed (or in a bad mood). Had oyster shooters, came with three. Very fresh and good. Ordered the brisket...........uh oh. Was the driest brisket I have ever had. Tough time choking it down. Maybe made like that so you will wash it down with more beer? I would visit again, but would probably just stick with a simple burger.

• Visited March 2013
Pristina, Kosovo,
“Great Food and Beer!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really liked this place. I had the Reuben sandwich and it was seriously one of the best I have ever had. I am a vegetarian but decided to throw that to the wind when I read the menu. Had the Black Dynamite beer and it was excellent! The waitress was really friendly, too. I will definitely go back the next time I am in Seaside.

1 Thank thepookster
Tacoma, Washington
“Hair of the dog”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Positives:
The waitress Michelle was pleasant and professional.
The beer was good.
The food came out quickly.
It is family friendly.
The clam chowder was good.*

Negatives:
*There was an eyelash or hair in my clam chowder. I had a few bites of the chowder, and it was good. While I was stirring in some pepper, there was a very obvious long eyelash or hair in it. Needless to say, I did not eat anymore of the chowder. When our waitress came by I showed her and asked for the chowder to be taken off of the bill. She complied without hesitation.
They only serve two wines: a pinot gris and a pinot noir. Like a Model T: You can have it in any color as long as it is pinot. They were not listed on the menu, but hey, it's a brew pup, how expensive can they be?? My bad for not asking since they were $8.00 a glass!
My husband had the fish and chips. The batter was crisp, but the fish had an odd taste. The cole slaw had zero flavor, but that was OK because they only serve a Dixie Cup sized portion.
I had the crab melt. I know crab. The menu claimed it was fresh crab. Blasphemy!! It was canned crab, and not even the fancy lump canned crab. It was truly disgusting.
Do you remember those really cheap forks they used in your school lunchroom--the kind that bend when you look at them (not even using the Vulcan mind meld)? Apparently, Seaside Brewing Company got a deal on those forks. My fork bent while eating said disgusting crab melt. No worries, though, as the fork was pretty wavy from being bent and bent many a time.
There are lots of dining options in Seaside that may be better choices.

Springfield, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool place, great beer”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stop in here and enjoy one of the best stouts you can get, Black Dynamite. Strong and smooth with just the right amount of vanilla flavor. I went back specifically to have another before leaving town. I hope they can get this beer into bottles and near me soon.

It's in a good location, and I love the brick and natural wood of the building. The fish and chips were tasty and fresh, and service was friendly and cool. My wife and I appreciated the board games that they have available for you to pass the time while sipping on a tasty brew.