“Skip this one”

The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oceanfront dining! View gorgeous sunsets over the ocean while enjoying fresh seafood and Northwest favorites for the whole family. The Boardwalk Restaurant and full service bar is located inside the Shilo Inn Hotel right along the prom in Seaside. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Alaska
“Skip this one”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We were served black burned roasted garlic. Reserved signs were on all the window seats. Although we were seated at one when we asked, the two women wearing head scarves were not offered a window seat, even though several were available and the rest of the dinning room was almost empty.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank AlaskaAnne
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
AlaskaAnne,

I’m very sorry to hear that you were served burned roasted garlic. I am currently in the Seaside location and just spoke to our executive chef about this. He is getting his team together now and going over your review with them and discussing proper presentation and cooking methods for the roasted garlic dish. What you experienced is not our standard and I ensure you we are actively making sure this does not happen again.

In addition, we have also addressed proper seating procedures with our front of house team to ensure that guests are given the best available table in the house.

If you are still in the Seaside area, please contact me. I would like to invite you back to show you our food and services are customarily much better than you experienced. My phone number is provided below. Thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Portland, Oregon
“Bad service and long wait times”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

As a group of 4 people we sat in the "bar area" to enjoy happy hour. Our server finally came over to our table after being seated for 10 minutes. We put in our drink and food order at the same time. After I was harassed about my ID from the server and then the bartender for a few minutes they finally agreed that my ID was legit (I am 23 and went with my parents). Well we finally got our drinks after 25 minutes. After 45 of being at the table 2 people in our party finally got their "happy hour burger" while my fiancé still waited for his burger and I still waited for my soup that I ordered. We were told countless times "Oh I need to check on your burger." Yet after an hour and 20 minutes of being at the table we still didn't get the other burger and my soup! Well I finally got my chicken and vegetable soup that was just broth with a few pieces of celery. 5 minutes after I got my soup they finally brought his burger. I sent back my soup and explained the issues with that and they told me they would fix it. well needless to say, I never got any soup. We waited another 20 minutes to get our bill and then I looked over it and saw that we were being charged some items that we never ordered!(and for sure never received). This was horrible service and wait times! I felt like no one tried hard enough to try to fix these issues. It was just ridiculous!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank KaJO123456
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
KaJO123456,

After reading the review you submitted yesterday, I owe you an apology for the terrible service you and your family received. The long wait time to be greeted and the lengthy wait times for your drinks and meals are inexcusable. Along with my apology, I would also like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

While I am unsure if you and your family are still in the Seaside area, I would like to invite you back to have dinner on us. I actually arrived in Seaside today and will be here through the weekend and if possible, would also like to apologize in person. If you are willing to come back and give us another chance, please call or email me. Both phone and email are provided with my signature below.

Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was gross! The fish was greasy and the steak was cold! Took two bites and boogied. The waitress tried to get our food taken care of. But I was hungry and wanted to go eat somewhere else. So I paid $40 for nothing. But it was a learning experience for when I come again :)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Craig Y
Craig Y,

I hope that you received the private message I sent to you on Monday. As I mentioned, I would love to invite you and your guest back to The Boardwalk restaurant on us. The guest service you received was unacceptable and we would like to apologize to you both in person. My contact information is provided in my signature below.

Spokane Valley, Washington
“Sad experience. ”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My Boyfriend and I decided we would eat from the Shilo Inn's own Boardwalk resteraunt.. The area was gorgeous but the 30min wait for our plates was a ruin.... After our long wait our food arrived with hot plates but cold food? I ordered the steak and mushrooms.. Regret. My wanted to be Medium done steak was raw all in the inside, I couldnt chew it in any way. The mushrooms on the steak tasted like they were dumped in wine. My boyfriend ordered halibut. Let me tell you this was also not fresh it was flash frozen halibut. Big difference. His halibut was completely greasy and still part cold?. Worste place to eat decent food. . Even sad the resteraunts along the turn around could agree with us....

1 Thank Rachel M
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Rachel M,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the unacceptable experience you had at our Seaside location. The disappointing food quality, in combination with a long wait time, is inexcusable. I assure you that we will follow up with the management and kitchen team regarding your experience and the issues you encountered.

We hold our teams to a much higher level of customer service and food quality than what you and your boyfriend experienced. While I am unsure how often you visit the Seaside area, I would like to invite you back for dinner on us. If you would agree to do so, I assure you we will provide you with a wonderful dining experience that you both would enjoy. You can email me at laura.acton@shiloinns.com or call me at the number provided below, so I can properly arrange your future visit.

Seaside, Oregon
“New Sheriff in the Shilo kitchen”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

His name is BJ and he made a point tomeet everyone in the restaurant. Drinks came fast with appetizers close behind. Dinner was fresh; didn't taste like anything was canned or frozen.
It was a perfect sunset meal on my wife's birthday.

2 Thank sempey
sempey,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful review you submitted about your recent experience at our Seaside restaurant. In addition, I would also like to thank you for mentioning Chef BJ and his personable rapport he has with the guests. I am ecstatic that he and the Seaside team were able to help make your wife’s birthday memorable and enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future!