The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 116 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceanfront dining! View gorgeous sunsets over the ocean while enjoying fresh seafood and Northwest favorites for the whole family. The Boardwalk Restaurant and full service bar is located inside the Shilo Inn Hotel right along the prom in Seaside. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was gross! The fish was greasy and the steak was cold! Took two bites and boogied. The waitress tried to get our food taken care of. But I was hungry and wanted to go eat somewhere else. So I paid $40 for nothing. But it was a learning experience for when I come again :)

1  Thank Craig Y
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Craig Y,

I hope that you received the private message I sent to you on Monday. As I mentioned, I would love to invite you and your guest back to The Boardwalk restaurant on us. The guest service you received was unacceptable and we would like to apologize to you both in person. My contact information is provided in my signature below.

Again, I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Laura.acton@shiloinns.com

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My Boyfriend and I decided we would eat from the Shilo Inn's own Boardwalk resteraunt.. The area was gorgeous but the 30min wait for our plates was a ruin.... After our long wait our food arrived with hot plates but cold food? I ordered the steak and mushrooms.. Regret. My wanted to be Medium done steak was raw all in the inside, I couldnt chew it in any way. The mushrooms on the steak tasted like they were dumped in wine. My boyfriend ordered halibut. Let me tell you this was also not fresh it was flash frozen halibut. Big difference. His halibut was completely greasy and still part cold?. Worste place to eat decent food. . Even sad the resteraunts along the turn around could agree with us....

1  Thank Rachel M
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Rachel M,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the unacceptable experience you had at our Seaside location. The disappointing food quality, in combination with a long wait time, is inexcusable. I assure you that we will follow up with the management and kitchen team regarding your experience and the issues you encountered.

We hold our teams to a much higher level of customer service and food quality than what you and your boyfriend experienced. While I am unsure how often you visit the Seaside area, I would like to invite you back for dinner on us. If you would agree to do so, I assure you we will provide you with a wonderful dining experience that you both would enjoy. You can email me at laura.acton@shiloinns.com or call me at the number provided below, so I can properly arrange your future visit.

Again, I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

His name is BJ and he made a point tomeet everyone in the restaurant. Drinks came fast with appetizers close behind. Dinner was fresh; didn't taste like anything was canned or frozen.
It was a perfect sunset meal on my wife's birthday.

2  Thank sempey

sempey,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful review you submitted about your recent experience at our Seaside restaurant. In addition, I would also like to thank you for mentioning Chef BJ and his personable rapport he has with the guests. I am ecstatic that he and the Seaside team were able to help make your wife’s birthday memorable and enjoyable.

Again, thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Last week, while volunteering Sunday morning at the Jazz Festival, I went upstairs for a cup of coffee.....the pot at the check-in desk was empty....the "manager"?? said they would get a new pot of coffee made in a few minutes.... I waited, and waited, and waited. Meanwhile, someone came down from room ... to turn in a wallet they had found under the bed from a previous customer and asked the manager, "don't they vaccuum under beds?" The manager seemed to be dealing with that and called in a woman in blue (head of housekeeping?)....meanwhile, I'm waiting for coffee and observing the situation. I finally gave up, went back downstairs and Vickie, the woman setting up a snack bar for jazz listeners, gave each of us volunteers a free cup of coffee. She was great! We then went to the BRUNCH, which DAVE served---VERY GOOD!

2  Thank JoAnn W
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

JoAnn W,

My name is Laura Acton and I am the Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations for Shilo. I wanted to thank you for the positive comments you left regarding the Sunday brunch and your positive experience with Dave. Our guests are always giving us great feedback on his wonderful service and we will be sure to thank him again.

In addition, I would like to apologize for the frustrating situation that you endured at the front desk. I will follow up with hotel management to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. I was glad to hear that Vickie took care of you when you went back downstairs. I will be sure to thank her for ensuring you were taken care of.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you join us for brunch again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here in early February for my birthday. Before check-out we visited the restaurant for breakfast. The continental breakfast here is not your normal continental. There was cold cereal and milk, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, juice and even a toaster for bagels, etc. Perhaps the best part of the continental was the hot scrambled eggs and the biscuits and gravy!

The restaurant staff were personable and friendly without being overbearing. Thank you to Sam the chef, and to Tanya the server. A great breakfast.

1  Thank Gail R
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Scarsollady,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our continental breakfast! We strive to make it more enjoyable than the average hotel continental breakfast. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and I will be sure to share with our team in Seaside.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review on Trip Advisor! We hope your pleasant experience will bring you our way again very soon!