“Sunday morning brunch”

The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #16 of 110 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceanfront dining! View gorgeous sunsets over the ocean while enjoying fresh seafood and Northwest favorites for the whole family. The Boardwalk Restaurant and full service bar is located inside the Shilo Inn Hotel right along the prom in Seaside. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Cascade Locks, Oregon
“Sunday morning brunch”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Last week, while volunteering Sunday morning at the Jazz Festival, I went upstairs for a cup of coffee.....the pot at the check-in desk was empty....the "manager"?? said they would get a new pot of coffee made in a few minutes.... I waited, and waited, and waited. Meanwhile, someone came down from room ... to turn in a wallet they had found under the bed from a previous customer and asked the manager, "don't they vaccuum under beds?" The manager seemed to be dealing with that and called in a woman in blue (head of housekeeping?)....meanwhile, I'm waiting for coffee and observing the situation. I finally gave up, went back downstairs and Vickie, the woman setting up a snack bar for jazz listeners, gave each of us volunteers a free cup of coffee. She was great! We then went to the BRUNCH, which DAVE served---VERY GOOD!

2 Thank JoAnn W
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
JoAnn W,

My name is Laura Acton and I am the Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations for Shilo. I wanted to thank you for the positive comments you left regarding the Sunday brunch and your positive experience with Dave. Our guests are always giving us great feedback on his wonderful service and we will be sure to thank him again.

In addition, I would like to apologize for the frustrating situation that you endured at the front desk. I will follow up with hotel management to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. I was glad to hear that Vickie took care of you when you went back downstairs. I will be sure to thank her for ensuring you were taken care of.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you join us for brunch again soon!

503-440-9675

Seaside, Oregon
“Aboe-average continental breakfast”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here in early February for my birthday. Before check-out we visited the restaurant for breakfast. The continental breakfast here is not your normal continental. There was cold cereal and milk, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, juice and even a toaster for bagels, etc. Perhaps the best part of the continental was the hot scrambled eggs and the biscuits and gravy!

The restaurant staff were personable and friendly without being overbearing. Thank you to Sam the chef, and to Tanya the server. A great breakfast.

1 Thank Gail R
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Scarsollady,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our continental breakfast! We strive to make it more enjoyable than the average hotel continental breakfast. Your positive feedback is much appreciated and I will be sure to share with our team in Seaside.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review on Trip Advisor! We hope your pleasant experience will bring you our way again very soon!

503-440-9675
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We came here for happy hour in the bar and got a great seat by the window. Our server Cathy was great, very attentive but didn't "bother" us either. We ordered the calamari which was cooked and seasoned perfectly, probably some of the best I've ever had. This is a great place to people watch and get a drink.

• Visited February 2014
ShiloHotels, Assistant Director of Restaurant Operations at The Boardwalk Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Susy B,

Thank you for your recent visit to our Happy Hour at The Boardwalk! The view is spectacular and I’m glad the service and food you received complimented it well! I will be sure that Cathy knows her “spot on” service is appreciated by the entire Shilo family!

Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
“Great breakfast in Seaside”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just finished breakfast buffet. It was a great value, although staff struggled a little to keep all food available. The omelet cook Dave was personable, a veteran and obviously very proud to serve his country and his customers. Considering we sat at a window seat looking at the ocean,eating a great hot meal for $14, I can't imagine a better breakfast in Seaside.

Theodore B,
We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience at your breakfast buffet in Seaside! Your feedback means a lot to our team and we all appreciate it. We also love getting positive feedback that mentions some of our team by name. Dave continues to wow people with his wonderful omelets and personable service and we are lucky to have him!
Thank you again for sharing such kind words about us on Trip Advisor. Please visit us again soon!
Hermiston, Oregon
“Nice atmosphere, great service, good food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a very good meal at this restaurant. I was thrilled they had whole crab on the menu. It was excellent. My husband's salmon was good as well. Our friend who came with us shared her coconut prawns -- best I have ever tasted. The bread was great, too. About the only disappointment was that there was nothing that came with our dinner it was just the crab or just the salmon no salad which would have been nice.
Anthony was our waiter and he was awesome! It was a bit pricey without a salad but it was really good food and the atmosphere was really beautiful. It was really cool to be able to watch the ocean as we ate dinner.

Karen H,

Thank you for this review! Your, and all, feedback is greatly appreciated and always taken into consideration when reviewing menu selection and pricing. I will be sure to address your suggestion of including a side salad with our Corporate Executive Chef. I will also make sure that Anthony is again thanked for his dedication to immaculate guest service!

We hope that your enjoyable experience will bring you and your friend and family back to The Boardwalk Restaurant again soon!