“Wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seaside
Inn of the Four Winds
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you are seeking a lovely place to stay with outstanding customer service.... this is the place. The location is amazing along with the views. Rooms are comfortable and clean, and staff is great. Our visit was during the off season, which was nice and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Warrenton, Oregon
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I wanted to distinguish myself from the other Keith S who has stayed at the Inn Of The Four Winds. There are many Keith S's across the globe and we are each our own individuals. I stayed at the Inn in October of 2012 while on a Business trip. I was referred to the Inn by a local Realty Broker in Seaside, Cindy Hawkins Colley, who is also a Martin Hospitality employee. I enjoyed a wonderful experience right from the get-go making my reservations over the long distance telephone (an ancient art), from Denver, with Kathy. I could tell, even over the phone space of 1300 miles, that Kathy understood the purpose of my visit and my needs for accommodation perfectly. (Kathy and I ran into one another this very evening (November 23, 2013) in front of the Seaside Safeway. She was picking up fresh rolls to be served with the soup that was to be served in the Main Lobby this evening. The Inn sources locally within the community.) Your Seaside contacts are friends for life. As soon as I stepped out of my rental crossover vehicle after driving in from the Portland Airport, I felt like I was home (home originally being New England and the Cape Cod and Connecticut Coastlines). I had spent the past forty (40) years in Colorado, so it was a rebirth to get back to crashing surf, clouds, rain, fog, mist, moisture and ocean spray. (It being Thanksgiving now, if you ask for ocean spray around here, you will be referred just a few blocks to the West.) In my October, 2012 trip I saw the sun all of three times and that was fine with me since I thrive in rain. The Inn was a wonderful respite after my busy business days during this visit. I had a very nice room with a great view on the second floor in the center front. Watching the people promenade on the prom in foul weather gear was fun! I especially enjoyed receiving a copy of "The Oregonian" at my door each morning. Real newsprint! I am not the fastest reader in the world, and the housekeeping staff witnessed the papers piling up on my sidetable and accidentally disposed of "old news" one day, but fortunately my copy of "The New Yorker" was not in that pile. As my Dad used to say, "There's nothing as old as yesterday's news." But I was and am a hard sell on that quotation. The little niceties of the Inn such as the cookies, the taffy, the morning coffee in the lobby, the nightly soup in the lobby and the fact that the rooms have small refrigerators and microwaves insure that guests are well sustenanced. If you don't feel like walking downtown via the prom for an evening, you can pick out a free DVD and enjoy yourself as if you were provisioned in your own home. (I was actually impressed by Robert Downey, Jr. in his two outings as "Ironman" during my stay.) During my stay in October, 2012, the Ice Machine went out of order, but it was backed up by ice from the freezer from the Main Office. The Inn can go to "Plan B" when it has to. The Inn is a smooth running operation with Kim, Kathy and at the time, Liz, and several other folks taking care of business. The folks up here work very hard, and they have a lot of work to do; but they are never too busy to stop, talk, aid, suggest, point out, recommend and generally be part of the whole "Chamber of Commerce" effort. The Inn is totally convenient to Broadway, the "Main Street" so to speak, of Seaside so you can walk down the Prom to Broadway and enjoy any and all restaurants, bars, taverns, pubs, etc. and walk safely home back to the Inn. It is very sociable and civilized way to spend an evening and night without having to worry about DUI, etc. I am recommending the Inn to my business colleagues who may travel up here in 2014.

Room Tip: Try to get a Second Floor Center room for an exceptional view of the Ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rugats
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

For the past five years, my family has stayed at the Inn of the Four Winds each time we vacation at Seaside. The customer service is impeccable and we have never had a bad experience! The facilities are clean, the amenities are luxurious (lovely sheets, granite counters, the latest technology, etc), and the view/location is spectacular! It is far enough north on the promenade that you don't hear any nightlife, but close enough to easily walk to the main part of town. My children are greeted by name--and they love coming to the beach--due in part to the level of service and kindness the staff extends. This will continue to be part of our family tradition for years to come.

Room Tip: All have great views!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carli S
Guymon, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our third trip to Seaside and we finally stayed at the best place in town. Wonderful in every way from the beauty of the room and the view, location on the beach close to town, comfort of the beds, and all of the staff which were so friendly and helpful. There is no doubt where we will stay next time we are any where near Seaside.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
McKenna, Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2013

From the pictures of the B&B,we were led to believe that we would be overlooking the beautiful ocean beach. Even though the weather was going to be rainy, we still wanted this experience for our birthday girl. When we got there, we were directed to a room over the garage in the back overlooking the parking lot. Disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary m
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We always enjoy our stay here. Quiet place, friendly staff, cookies and taffy, movies, very comfortable beds, just a wonderful place to stay. We had a separate living room area and the fireplace in the bedroom was great. They helped with local places to eat and had a menu on hand for the one we were interested in.

Room Tip: wherever we travel we always like the upper floor, but have not had a bad experience here with any n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I first noticed this gem walking past on the promenade on a previous trip to Seaside...at the far northern end of the prom, a short walk from the main street but just far enough away to seem like there was no one else in the world nearby. I saw a couple sitting on the adirondack chairs on the deck overlooking the ocean and dunes and they seemed so happy and content.

Then a few weeks later I was planning an overnight stay and it was the first place I wanted to stay. Not pet-friendly which was a huge selling point for me as I'm allergic to cats and dogs and have had bad experiences in carpeted hotels in the past. No allergy issues here! Everything was immaculately clean, perfectly turned out, and just wonderful. We stayed off season (Tues night in October) and got a complimentary upgrade to an ocean view when we checked in.

Beds were super comfy, everything was clean and comfortable, and the chocolate chip cookies sure weren't a downer :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family