“Wonderful place!”

Inn at Seaside
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Excellent service, great location. Only problem we had the entire time was that the water in the shower had a slight problem with temperature fluctuating randomly, that was all, and they assured us they would look into it. =)

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't expecting to get blown away as I wasn't staying at a resort. I tried not to compare this place to the standards of other nice hotels. For being there for the first time, you'd think they'd get us a nice room so that we consider coming back. Then I realized maybe that's the best they have. We had a view of the neighboring house's windows. Small room, next to the elevator. Smallest pool I've ever seen in a hotel. My family said it's like a Motel 6, but the name is different. I wouldn't know as I've never been.
Most disappointing was seeing my child surprised at the pool as he was looking forward to swimming and noticing no hot tub. The tv had only one channel and the maintenance guy fixed it later that eve. The bathroom tile has a huge chip. Wear sandals in there as it shocked me, and one might stub their toe there. The bathroom ceiling needs paint. The a/c had some nasty goopy thing by the dial. The complimentary breakfast wasn't worth saying. There was nothing appetizing so we went out for breakfast. We stayed here to visit the beaches, etc. Didn't stay in the outdated room that much. I won't be back, but ok place for those that just needs to sleep and go. I chose this place due to the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I will have to disagree.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
_GeneralManager503_, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We always welcome guest feedback and we will take some of our solutions during our renovation. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family had a nice time at the Inn at Seaside. The staff were welcoming when we arrived, and ready to help us with information about the area. The room had a nice view of the river and had plenty of space for our family. The room had a kitchenette which was nice for the days we just wanted to eat in. The popcorn in the afternoon was nice, unfortunately never got to have any of the cookies that were made each day, but there are a lot sweet treats in the area to eat. The continental breakfast was just okay, but other than that we only have good things to say about our stay.

Room Tip: If you want good view and fairly roomy, I would request the corner room that faces the river. It al...
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very little, if anything, to complain about. Some of the friendliest service we'vee eveer had at a hotel. Nice, well-kept room, clean and quiet. No problems with parking or access. It's about 3 blocks to the beach. They provide cookies in the afternoon, popcorn in the evening, and have a huge selection of DVD's you can take to your room. With the ocean so close, I'm not sure why anybody would watch TV but the kids did enjoy it before bed.

The breakfast is basic and gets very crowded in the morning so get up early and beat the rush. Typical "continental" breakfast offerings - breads, muffins, yogurts, juice, coffee and boiled eggs.
There are couple of nice little tables on the front porch that were much more peaceful.

There is free wifi but it is horribly slow and almost useless. I heard others complaining about it as well. There is one small computer station off the lobby, on which I"m reviewing this hotel as I write this.

If you're intent on an ocean view, look elsewhere. Otherwise, this is a good place and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: We rented the family suite which had 2 bedrooms, both with double beds and another double bed in the...
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family very much enjoyed our stay at Inn at Seaside, the Inn and staff exceeded our expecatatins. Great rooms and exceptional customer service. My children loved the popcorn and fresh baked cookies and the movies. They made our stay great and we will come again.

Room Tip: The rooms all seemed quiet and the noise in the halls we quiet as well
Reviewed July 27, 2014

It looks so much better on the inside than the out! Very comfortable beds! My girls loved the free cookies and popcorn at night with over 500 movies pick from to watch in your room! The staff was super nice!

Room Tip: I would think the side facing the shops would be a better option. (That is what we had.) The neigh...
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Clean, pet-friendly, great service, lots of little extras, cookies, popcorn, movies, pet supplies, shower could use some updating, sheet on one of beds didnt fit well and came off during the night. Bathroom tile could be updated as well.

• Stayed: July 2014