“Only place we'll stay in Seaside”
Review of Inn at Seaside

Inn at Seaside
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Only place we'll stay in Seaside”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We've stayed twice and loved both visits.

Excellent indoor pool that kiddos love, easy access to the beach - less than two blocks. Quiet, well managed property. The little bags of salt water taffy in our room at check-in were a delightful touch.

Rooms are a bit dated, but they are comfy and clean. You're given the name of the person that will be cleaning your room when you get to your room. 600 DVDs to check out from the front desk if you want to watch a movie. Pretty decent cable selection. Good wi-fi access. We've gotten great help from the front desk staff every time we've stayed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again; we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Abbotsford BC
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I thought this hotel was a good little hotel for a weekend escape. There are many things to mention about this hotel. Check in is quite late...not until 3 in the afternoon ( maybe later if your room is not ready). I find that aspect quite exhausting for a traveler who has been on the road all day. When we were there, the hot water tank burst and so no-one had a shower for Saturday night? Management didn't offer any discounts etc. The woman at the desk said , "Well, this place is just like your home, and hot water tanks burst there too!" Uh, yes, I guess that is true when you are at home but when you pay over $120.00 a night - it's not unreasonable to expect a hot shower before you go out on a Saturday night. Good things include, the breakfast room, which was fantastic! They had fruit, waffles, toast bagels etc. Lots of coffee, decaf and regular. There was hot water for tea all day long. They baked cookies for the 4:00 pm check in and had popcorn in the front lobby at 6:00 pm - I thought those were great incentives for the kids tired of travelling. The rooms were ok, a little outdated but quite clean . Lots of towels and clean sheets. There were no extra blanket hanging around and the first night we were there, we could have used one. The maids did a great job of picking up and organizing. The front desk was ok. It was extremely close to the beach so that was great....and you could walk downtown to anywhere--lots of little shops and quaint restaurants available. It's right across from the convention center . I would probably stay there again if the price was lower but I didn't feel like this hotel was actually worth more than $89.00 a night. Just my opinion.

Room Tip: Look at it before you rent it.
Green Features: The hotel did recycle and I give them a thumbs up for that!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bookgirl12342002
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience of not being able to provide you with early check-in. Our check-in time is at 4pm guaranteed and check-out time is at noon, if they room is ready before then we are more than happy to let the guest check in. We are also sorry about the inconvenience of the hot water bursting, it’s one of things that just happened but we had it fixed within the same day by making it our top priority. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and cleanliness of our rooms. Thanks again for sharing your review with us; we hope to see you again soon.
Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this summer for two nights and overall had a good time. Pool was small, but warm and the kids enjoyed swimming for sure. Location is a nice walk to the beach and into town. My main complaint while we were staying there was that there was a plumbing problem happening at the time of our stay. Both my 4 year old and myself got pretty burnt by the temperature of the water in the rooms. I mentioned this to two different employees at the hotel, and also mentioned it in my feedback to the hotel that they sent after our stay. The employees that I spoke with didn't seem to take it too seriously. I felt that they should've warned guests that they were having problems and to be aware of the much higher than normal water temperature. After our stay, they sent an email requesting feedback.....I sent this information again, but no response. My only other complaint about the stay was that while the breakfast was sufficient.....the staff may need additional training. While we were at breakfast, I watched as an employee emptied the trash, and immediately following went to change out the juice without washing her hands. Disturbing....yes. I would have appreciated that our concerns were listened to, and responded to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meghan G
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are sorry to hear we fell short on responding to your concerns immediately. We’ll bring this to our guest relations department and we’ll make sure we take care of any guest concerns promptly. Also thanks for bringing to our attention the breakfast issue as it gives us a chance to retrain our breakfast staff. Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.
Spokane, WA
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Second year staying at the Inn at Seaside and they have yet to disappoint. Accommodations were roomy and comfortable. Everything was within walking distance and the staff was on point as usual. Thanks for another incredible stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaron R
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have stayed at this property many times and the staff is nothing short of extraordinary. Have never had a bad experience. The complimentary breakfast far exceeds the "norm". Fresh popcorn and cookies in the evening is also a nice touch. Very clean and comfortable rooms and beds are wonderful. The only thing I have an issue with was my room this last stay 09/13 to 09/15/2013. Apparently, I had booked the last room which happened to be a suit. Room 122, which apparently others had the same issues with this one room. It smelled funny and was hot. This room only had a portable ac unit and a fan. I could not get the "living area" cooled down enough at all. The fan in the bathroom was lacking power as well. But, the staff made the room almost a mute point. EVERYONE WAS EXCEPTIONAL and I will be staying with them again

Room Tip: Have enjoyed all rooms except #122. There is no fitness center, but the pool is nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kaydl
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at Inn at Seaside, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you have stayed with us many times and have enjoyed our guest service. Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay in room 122, we are currently renovating this room to include a new a/c unit, flooring, counter tops and new furniture. We apologize for any inconveniences in room 122. Although we are happy to hear you were happy with your overall stay. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My stay was clean and very comfortable and quiet. The staff was more than helpful and even with an equipment problem the staff was able to resolve it promptly and with the absolute minimum of inconvenience for those of us staying. The only negative issue was that I was unable to get WiFi access. There was a problem that could not be overcome. But previous stays I had great access. I am aware that there are sometimes bumps and I did survive without the internet, :-) I would recommend the Inn at Seaside to anybody travelling to Seaside to stay overnight. This was my third stay here and all my expectations from previous visits were met and some exceeded.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are just that pet friendly!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandster617
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear we met your guest service expectations. Thank you for the comment on the Wi-Wi, as we can see why you may have not received a strong signal. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed September 16, 2013

These people are great with service. And, the facilities aren't bad either. We've stayed here a couple of years ago and the service is still great. Also, at check out we were surprised by a small discount on our bill after we noted some "strange" noises (plumbing ?) the previous night....They know how to please...We'll be back

Room Tip: King beds are great. Also, the first floor near the office was convenient.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leon Y
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you have stayed with us before and enjoyed our guest service. We look forward to your next stay with us!