“Customer service number one!”

Seashore Inn on the Beach
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
“Customer service number one!”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We had traveled throught the night 16 hours to get to Seaside and had reservations at another hotel. When we got there we were told that our dogs (2) exceed their weight limit of 25 lbs (a lab and a golden) and they wouldn't let us stay-despite our barrage of questions about the pet policies while placing the reservation. While we had been making our reservations, weeks before, we had talked to every pet friendly hotel in the area and decided to call Seaside-hoping for a room during a busy season. The woman at the desk sensed our urgency and accomodated us and our dogs instantly. She was very nice and got us into a pet friendly room at the Seashore inn. The hotel itself is no frills but clean and has a great location-on the beach. Thanks for excellent customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
erie, PA
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I knew from the moment we arrived, in the middle of a rainy night, that we were in for a wonderful experience. The management and staff are down to earth, engaging people, full of information and genuinely interested in making certain guests have a positive experience. The hotel itself has an old time, beachy look and feel to it with a name that fits -- it's situated about 25 short steps from the beach. Our room was very clean and well maintained with a comfortable bed and a wide open, breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean. Our experience at the Seashore Inn set the tone for the entire visit. It is a trip neither of us will ever forget. You know you've found something special when a casual conversation over a continental breakfast leads to a 2 hour razor clam digging experience with the hotel manager. Thank you so much, Ron!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We were so impressed with Ron and his crew that we wanted to stay longer! Ron "took us under his wing" with the local outdoor activities and even spent the day teaching us how to dig and clean clams. We had an ocean view room that was impressively well taken care of and immaculately clean. Wonderful value - we will absolutely stay there again. Thank you so much for a wonderful PNW beach experience, Ron!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aimster9870
Portland Oregon
Reviewed September 6, 2009

The service at the Seashore Inn was wonderful. I had a continental breakfast each morning and walked out the door onto a lovely sandy beach. The room was clean and the room cleaners were most helpful. I loved being so close to the Pacific Ocean and also to the Promenade and the main street with all of the shops. The swim pool was great to use after sunset - as was the hot tub. I can't think of anything I didn't like. It was great for a solo traveller and I will definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Washington
Reviewed August 29, 2009

With the friendly and efficient new management, and a renewed emphasis on cleanliness and customer service, the Seashore Inn has once again become our favorite family cavation spot!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed August 25, 2009

When we walked into our room the smell is what hit us first, it smelled musty, dirty and old. Our room was directly next to the smoking area (the only window that opened was right out to the smoking area), under a flight of stairs and basically in the parking lot (where alarms went off through the night). It honestly shouldn't even be a room that they rent out, it should maybe be a place to store the cleaning supplies. The sheets were sandy, and itchy. We ended up sleeping on blankets we happened to have in the car. Honestly the bed itself had to have been one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in, I don't know how old that matress was. When I got up the next morning I found what was causing the smell, there was a panel of black fuzzy mold, about 6 inches by 18 inches in the bathroom. I was disgusted. I went to the front desk and told them what I had found. I was expecting them to apologize and try and make things better... instead what happened is they simply said they wouldn't charge me for the second night I had also booked if I wanted to leave. They didn't offer to give my my money back or to even find us another room at that hotel or at another one! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Don't stay here if you value your family and your health.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank ace9999
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed in Aug 2009 during the week for $155+tax for an oceanfront room. We chose this motel because it was what was still available last minute and the price was reasonable for an oceanfront view. The motel is 3 stories high and those walking on the beach can see inside, so we had to keep our curtains closed. The rooms are very very basic. The continental breakfast were packaged baked goods (Sara Lee danishes/muffins) and bagels. Motel is good for those on a budget and for those who value the view. But be sure to ask for the higher floors. When I called they offered me a ground floor oceanview. I asked if they had any on the 3rd floor and they did. They also did this when my husband called to make the reservations. Also about a block or 2 from the main strip of shopping/restaurants. We also were able to walk to the local video store to rent movies ($2.50/night).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple