“MOLD in the rooms - Don't stay here!”

Seashore Inn on the Beach
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed August 25, 2009

When we walked into our room the smell is what hit us first, it smelled musty, dirty and old. Our room was directly next to the smoking area (the only window that opened was right out to the smoking area), under a flight of stairs and basically in the parking lot (where alarms went off through the night). It honestly shouldn't even be a room that they rent out, it should maybe be a place to store the cleaning supplies. The sheets were sandy, and itchy. We ended up sleeping on blankets we happened to have in the car. Honestly the bed itself had to have been one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in, I don't know how old that matress was. When I got up the next morning I found what was causing the smell, there was a panel of black fuzzy mold, about 6 inches by 18 inches in the bathroom. I was disgusted. I went to the front desk and told them what I had found. I was expecting them to apologize and try and make things better... instead what happened is they simply said they wouldn't charge me for the second night I had also booked if I wanted to leave. They didn't offer to give my my money back or to even find us another room at that hotel or at another one! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Don't stay here if you value your family and your health.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank ace9999
There are newer reviews for Seashore Inn on the Beach

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed in Aug 2009 during the week for $155+tax for an oceanfront room. We chose this motel because it was what was still available last minute and the price was reasonable for an oceanfront view. The motel is 3 stories high and those walking on the beach can see inside, so we had to keep our curtains closed. The rooms are very very basic. The continental breakfast were packaged baked goods (Sara Lee danishes/muffins) and bagels. Motel is good for those on a budget and for those who value the view. But be sure to ask for the higher floors. When I called they offered me a ground floor oceanview. I asked if they had any on the 3rd floor and they did. They also did this when my husband called to make the reservations. Also about a block or 2 from the main strip of shopping/restaurants. We also were able to walk to the local video store to rent movies ($2.50/night).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I made my reservations with Debbie in mid march she told me i would get a room with a king bed with a kitchen on the 3rd floor for $125 per night, when i checked in Debbie was the one at the front desk she checked me in but when i looked at the bill it said it was $145 a night.. When I asked her about the price she said that was the price she told me, so I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager and there was nothing that she could do (very rude). Ok an extra $20, but I get top floor king bed and a kitchen.......WRONG!!! I get to the room and open the door and there is 2 queen beds with no kitchen, this was very disapointing. So I go back down stairs and ask Debbie about my room and immediately she says there are no more kitchen rooms, she turns around and walks in the back room, there was another gal on the phone and she said that she would help me get a room with a kitchen Finally!! someone that cares, after about 10 minutes the gal moved us into a 3rd floor king bed with a kitchen and an apology. Once in the room i was able to have a great time having a kitcen made a huge diffrence an the hot tub was great...I just felt that the management was rude and unprofessional. Make sure you know what the price is. We will not be returning to the seashore inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hamikup
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We found this reasonable spot on tripadvisor. I loved the shower, hot and a wonderful shower head. It was all I expected of an older but nicely run establishment with clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Open the oceanfront room door and enjoy the sights and sounds of the beach while lying on your bed or whatever. Fabulous! Such friendly staff and comfortable beds. Also, an unusual surprise, free breakfast foods including muffins, danish, fresh fruit, juices, and really good coffee. The kids loved the pool and hot tub in the evenings. We will definitely stay at The Seashore Inn again. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 25, 2008

My grandchildren and I stayed at the Seashore Inn on the Prom in August 2008 & do so every time we stay. It is perfect for it's location. Park the car & go. Kids loved the beach so close & enjoyed the aquarium too. Very busy during our stay due to Hood to Coast run but everything ran smoothly & we will definitely stay again.

Reviewed October 21, 2008

My husband and I have been vacationing in Seaside nearly every year for the past 22 years. We have recommended Seashore Inn on the Beach to everyone who is planning a beach vacation. The accomodations are reasonably priced, the rooms are clean, and the view of the beach is spectacular. The kitchenettes are a great alternative to eating out and they are well stocked with pots and pans, utensils, etc. We also enjoy the pool and hot tub on the occasional rainy day, or in the evening as a great way to wind down in the evening. Close to shopping and the aquarium. Come see for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)