“Wrong Price, Wrong Room, definately the wrong hotel!”

Motel 6 Seaside Oregon
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Wrong Price, Wrong Room, definately the wrong hotel!”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights on our trip to Oregon, my sister had booked us a room that allowed dogs, we decided not to take the dog in the end and said this when we got to the hotel, turns out they didn't even book us for a dog friendly room anyway, and the price we ended up paying was $10 more per night than the price my sister was told. We got to our room and it smelled funny, the microwave was broken and we later found out the fridge wasn't plugged in (after we left our food in it when we went out for the day).
My other pet peeve was that there is no coffee in the room, you have to go all the way down to the main entry to get it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Superstar_044

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Easy checkin with Jodi who even called to make sure everything was OK. Large room with couch, refrigerator and microwave. This Motel 6 had Interior hallways and Room 230 had both air conditioning and heat (not all hotels on the coast of Oregon have air conditioning). The sink area is outside the bathroom with an adequate amount of counter space. The parking lot is small and hemmed in by a restaurant and the adjacent Microtel Inn. Overpriced at $72.99 plus tax for one person, but all hotels in Seaside seem high very high during the summer. I slept great and was very pleased with my stay at this Motel 6 except for the price. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank jjctraveler
Seattle
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We had a baby and a medium sized dog. They mistakenly put us on the second floor where dogs are not allowed. The front desk called us at 9am on the second day and asked us to move to the first floor. I was upset because, 1) she didn't apologize for their mistakes to put us on the second floor in the first place, 2) she was asking us to move out right away, 3) she gave me a big sigh when I told her our dog was a husky.

I was alone with my baby and dog so I didn't have to move, but if I worked at a hotel, I wouldn't tell customers to move to a different room without apologizing.

Although I liked the room we stayed at - two queen beds, a table, TV, microwave, fridge and pretty spacious - somebody was smoking in the next room (or first floor) and I couldn't stand being in the bathroom because the smoke was coming from the fan.
It was the non-smoking second floor so I could imagine how stinky some of the rooms can get on the first floor.

Plus - They serve free coffee from 8am-10am and they do housekeeping everyday.

We were ok with the hotel because it was the cheapest place in the area that allows dogs, but I wouldn't stay there if I didn't have a dog.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RichmondBeach

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I ended up getting caught up at the beach during a bike run for cancer so we decided to stay due to the traffic, We usually stay at the Ebb Tide but it was late and we had already been running around all day - Anyhow I was with my Fiancé and our daughter - We stopped at the Motel 6 to check in all seemed fine I gave the front desk girl
my Id and Credit card which she ran through and over charged me I brought this to her attention and she ran it through again and handed
me a second receipt - Now I’m holding 2 receipts and asked her for the receipt saying she credited the other amount back on to my card she refused to give it to me and I didn't want to argue I figured I would contact my bank when I got into our room - she handed me our key and off we went - The room she gave us was dirty and actually had
a man in it....... So we came back to the desk and I let her know she
gave us an occupied room, she then said Oh I didn't realize you had a
child with you - You cannot stay in that room you need to get another
room (My daughter was 3@ the time and standing w/ her dad while this was happening) I told her she never asked and should have known we were all standing here together. At this time I was leaning on the counter with my credit card still in hand which she reached and snatched out of my hand and proceeded to run it again - I Said hey excuse me don't you snatch my card - while your at it I want my money
back as well as the receipt stating all charges are reversed - she said "Well I just charged you for a larger room " I never asked for a
larger room All I want is my money back - She refused and I asked to talk with her manager, she told me I can talk to who ever I want and that if I didn't stop talking so loud she was going to call the police on me - I told her good because she just stole almost $400.00 from me and I wanted it returned NOW and I wasn't leaving until it was - Needless to say she actually called the police on me (While puffing out her chest and grinning, smirking and trying to egg me on)
the manager told me there was nothing she could do and asked me to leave as well. (I am getting mad just thinking about this!) So the police showed up and escorted me, my daughter and fiancé out of Motel
6, told us he was sorry for the situation and instructed us to leave.
We left but while walking to my car I called my bank who thank god fixed all of her charges right then and there (thank you) I was so upset by what had happened I wrote to the Motel 6 franchise and 2 weeks later received a reply from them saying they had investigated my accusations but there was nothing they could do because the desk clerk felt threatened by me and to please never come back!

• Liked — hated it
  • Disliked — the desk clerk and motel 6
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank harlowv
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Mgr Lee Judson is the most arrogant, rude, unprofessional person we have ever met in the hotel/motel industry. My wife & I are disabled, senior citizens and he put us on a Do Not Rent list for absolutely no reason, he trashed our reputations, ruined our vacation and absolutely refuses to tell us, the BBB or anybody else why he took that action.
We just want to thank Mgr Judson for banning us; we never really did like staying there anyway and only stayed in his mangy rooms because it was the cheapo way to go.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Being put on the Do Not Rent list after staying there hassle-free 15 years
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid Motel 6, Seaside, like the plague until they get a new manager
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple