“Now called Shiloh Inn” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Seaside
Lawrence, Kansas
“Now called Shiloh Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I didn't expect much - and I didn't get much. Old hotel - and it looked it. My complaint was the guy behind the desk - taking MY credit card (female) and telling my partner (male) that he was setting him up with his "best room to get lucky." Seriously.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbs910

Bellevue, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went to a family wedding in Seaside Oregon and needed a pad to crash in afterward. So, we stayed at the Motel 6 on the highway. It had the basics and was clean. No frills. What do you expect from a Motel 6. Bed was a hard slab and we tossed and turned. But, like, it is a Motel 6! It's a 5 minute drive to Downtown Seaside and the beach. Best was the price: $98 for in season and they are Ok to rent for 1 night. The Best Western on the beach will nick you for $200 and require that you reserve two nights on the weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SenorGregorio
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this Motel 6 on the last night of a four night trip to the Oregon coast. Mostly because I wanted a shorter drive back to Seattle the next day. The location is right on Highway 101 and not on the beach. My room was back a little from the road and I didn't really notice any highway noise.
The room ended up costing over $75 instead of the advertised $53.99, which seemed a little high, even with the tax. But, I was too tired at this point to really care.

I am giving it a "poor" and not a "terrible" because the front desk lady when I checked in was very friendly. Upon check-in I asked if they had any rooms left with fridges and she said no, but then checked and discovered one available. I had my dog with me, so I got a pet friendly, non-smoking room. The room smelled horrible! I think it had once been a smoking room. It also smelled like a crazy cat lady had brought all her cats and let them use it as a litter box. My dog was very interested in smelling a certain spot in the room. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in that I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet in.

The couch was absolutely filthy, but the bed seemed clean and I didn't find it uncomfortable. There was a small amount of black mold in the bathroom. The timer knob on the microwave was broken. I was surprised that there was no shampoo or conditioner, just soap. Maybe this is standard for Motel 6? I just expect that for $75 I should get at least these little niceities.

On the plus side, the hotel was completely booked, yet it was quiet. I had no trouble sleeping. In the evening I went to the lobby to get some coffee (no coffee maker in the room either, but I knew that going in) and there wasn't any. The nice desk clerk made some for me.

So as I said, I'm giving this a "poor" rating because the service was super friendly. I can't give it an "average" because an average room to me has shampoo, conditioner, coffee maker, etc. Next time I stay in Seaside, I will spend a little more on a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SeattleJen41

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

If your looking for an average room with no frills attached to it, this is the place. Beats paying an inflated price of a room that you have no clue on what you are going to find in it.

• Stayed July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The +s were good lighting, microwave & refrigerator (unusual for a Motel 6), large room, nice vanity, lots of TV channels, tub, nice sofa and table in room, allowed to change room easily when 1st one I walked in definitely had that smoky smell to it. The negatives are they had the typical Motel 6 TV set (CRT 19") and the bed was a little saggy but sleepable.

Room Tip: This is NOT right by the shore or downtown area but a few block walks put you on the Seaside boardwa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank tfberry
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel room near Astoria, OR, you might find that all of the rooms have been booked far in advance. This Motel 6 is just down the road about 15 minutes in Seaside and had plenty of availability. The rooms were clean, the area it was located in was decent, there was plenty of parking and there is a restaurant right next door to eat at if you want. Not a bad deal for the price. When we walked to our rooms it did smell a little smoky but I quickly figured out it was from the few smoking rooms they had on the first floor (had to walk by them to go up the stairs to our room). I was happy to find that our room did not smell at all like smoke.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't right next to the smoking rooms or you might be able to smell it in your ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley32905
Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Honestly i was impressed with the cleanliness. Often times motels seem clean till you actually look around.

Now for the Bad;
Both the beds were so wore out neither my wife nor I could get any actual rest.
I would stay there again but only if they can confirm the beds have been replaced.
I mean seriously bad beds.
Though not on the coast we switched half way through our trip to the Spirit Mountain Casino and it was a night and day difference.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless they can prove the mattresses have been replaced.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family