Quality Inn Seaside Oregon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coast River Inn(Seaside)
Mariner Motel(Seaside)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtroom was cleancannon beachhot breakfastshort drivethe general managerone night staywould stay againdowntown areaseaside oregonstaff was very friendlymicroteldorismicrowaveastoriainnscoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I would like to allay everyone's concerns about the community pool for which this hotel issues vouchers. For a town the size of Seaside, this is one of the nicest community pools I have ever seen. There is a large pool, a hot-tub, and a shallow warm therapy pool. The large pool has a rope swing and a slide in the deep end. There are also swim team starting stands which the lifeguard will allow you to use if you ask nicely. The shallow (3-4 ft) warm pool has wide stairs with railings leading into the water, and is the perfect spot to swim with little ones. Both pools are separately lifeguarded. We spend a couple of weeks in Seaside every year, and go to the pool a few times. Please check it out: http://www.sunsetempire.com/
Have fun at the pool!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank FDRWife
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thanks for pointing this out! It is our pleasure to make available to our guests the free vouchers to the pool and fitness center as well as free use of pool towels.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I came to this hotel because of a special rate we found online. We could not even make it more than one hour in this hotel, without a headache. First we had our room, with a very lumpy mattress, it had a divot in the middle that would have given one of us some back issues for sure. We returned to the front desk to ask for a new room, and we were treated like the issue was not valid, but we were given another room. We went to the new room, and the mattress was better, but we found a half used bottle of shampoo in the bathroom. The entire hotel smelled like wood stain, or chemicals, giving me a headache. The hotel website shows a pool, FYI, they do not have a pool, but give you a pass to the local pool over a mile away...so you can drive back to your hotel in wet clothes I guess. I would avoid this hotel, and keep driving, or just sleep in your car. We found a better hotel for the same price down the road, and closer to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MrNurse78
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Perhaps you visited the wrong website, as ours does not include a photo of a pool or state that we have a pool. We do, though, offer passes to the very nice public acquatics and fitness center about 1 mile away. The center has nice locker rooms and we offer our guests pool towels. All of that is free of charge to our guests.

I'm sorry you weren't comfortable during your stay. We strive to make every guest's experience an excellent one. I am glad we were able to move you to a room where you found the mattress more to your liking. We'll certainly take care of the one in the previous room. The odor must have been from painting we are doing in sections of the hotel. We'll have our maintenance staff renew their focus on ventillation so that guests aren't affected by our work.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stay 1 night while driving up the coast. I'm familiar with Microtel, as I had stayed with them before in other cities.

As usual, Microtel came through with a safe, modern, clean, and functional facility with comfortable bedding, a mod room layout and furnishings, and the amenities I cared about, such as free wireless high-speed internet that worked well in the room, computer stations with printers in the lobby (all good because I was still planning apects of the rest of my trip), and the free basic breakfast.

Only complaint was that when we checked in the room had a strong amonia odor. Mentioned to the front desk. Since hotel was sold out, there was no other rooms available were available except for 1 next to elevator. I would have been okay with that, as I checked it out and really could barely hear any noice from the elevator, but my travel companion was uncomfortable with that; so we opted to stay in the original room and have it aired out and deoderized. The front desk staff did this for us, while we went out for dinner.

When we returned, the smell was mostly gone, and by morning we didn't notice it anymore.
So it was okay afterall.

The rate was reasonable for the area and time of year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve-210
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Hubby and I rented a room here for his 28th Birthday and had an awesome night out in the town until we got back to the hotel room. Even when we checked in it was unpleasant. They totally ignored us as we'd been waiting for a while and even entered before others had and they checked them in before us when we were clearly waiting and standing up front, i couldnt believe my eyes when they skipped us, then when they did help us, they were so rude about it.
When we came back from being out, we decided to relax and put on a nice warm bath in the jacuzzi, well we get this knock at our door from security stating that we needed to keep it down because we walked in very loud and disruptive and were being extremely loud and others were complaining.
I was so furious i couldn't believe it, really, i mean, who said that the night clerk we weren't loud at all, we were just trying to enjoy our night relaxing in the water and they come to tell us this, i felt like i was being punked, except i wasn't! NEVER AGAIN will i ever in my life rent from there again nor do i recommend anyone to rent there!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kristyj_05
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

We believe this reviewer has the wrong location.

We already disputed this review because of the slanderous accusation of racism, and TripAdvisor won't allow us to dispute it again. But after investigatiing to prepare to respond we cannot find any evidence of any instance like the one described. Here's why:
1) We have a specific procedure for documenting handliing noise problems, and there is no noise problem documented for recent stays in our only jacuzzi room.
2) No comment card was completed by any guest complaining of an instance like this.
3) The manager was never contacted by any guest complaining of an instance like this.
4) The description is so out of line with our procedures andour attitude of service toward guests that it doesn't even make sense it could be our hotel.

The accusation of racism is offensive. Not only do we employ people and welcome guests of different races but we would never treat any employee or guest differently based on race.

Reviewer, take your review down. If you leave it up, have the courage to reveal yourself so your issue can be dealt with by the hotel you have an issue with.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Since this was the 1st motel we came to in Seaside after a long days drive, we decided to take a chance since we were only looking for a place to sleep. We paid full price for a TINY room with an uncomfortable bed, minimal amenities, and plenty of road noise from the highway. And this was during off season. We also weren't enticed by the breakfast offerings and left early. On the plus side, the staff was pleasant, the room was clean, and even though we were booked in to a room right next to the elevator, ice machine & vending machine we noticed little noise from them. I have never given a negative review before but this place just didn't make the grade.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back side of the building would probably be much quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claytonNwWashington
Heritage H, Owner at Quality Inn Seaside Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

It sounds like you were looking for a different type of hotel. There are several to choose from that offer larger rooms and are not in the main area of Seaside. The trade off is MUCH higher rates. Microtel is known for offering comfort and quality at REASONABLE rates, and that's why we've been #1 in guest satisfaction for an unprecedented 10 years in a row in JD Power & Associates surveys.