“Best food we had in Seaside! Don't pass this up!”

Relief Pitcher Tavern
Ranked #39 of 119 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Named best sandwich eatery by the Mouth of the Columbia from the Daily Astorian my favorite place to go for a burger!!
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place! Read about it here on trip advisor, and had to try it! Two of us went there and told the cook/owner we were splitting both orders, we ordered a cheeseburger, which came with fries, crab cakes and Cole slaw, all of it split in half! He portioned out the shared items which made it so easy! The crab cakes were AMAZING! Perfectly cooked, AND the sauce was to die for! Chipotle mayo! So delish! Next came our burger and fries, WOW! Soft toasted bun, fresh, fresh delicious veggies, and a burger pattie I'm dreaming of still! The fries were so so good, didn't take ketchup or ranch on them, heavenly just plain!
The service was great, so so SO Friendly and accommodating! And the other patrons too! A place where the locals go, upon ordering our beers, a gentleman at the bar bought us a round. Being in customer service myself, I so happy with the way I was treated! I cannot wait to return to Seaside and eat here again!!! Highly highly recommend this place! Nothing to look at on the outside, but the food is worth every penny! And I must say, is very affordable!
GO TO THE RELIEF PITCHER!!! Don't pass this place up!!!!

1  Thank Debbie T

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best burgers in town! Off the beaten path of downtown and a fun environment. Plus, they have outstanding service.

We'll be back again and again!

1  Thank Gary2425
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We love this place! So unpretentious and a real local's hangout. We always have the burgers and fries here but this time I wanted to try the crab cakes again. Big improvement since the last time I had them. They were more full and not so flat and perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Served on a pretty plate with a fresh green lettuce leaf, lemon and a side of tartar sauce.

The crab cakes, the perfect Cosmo, the burgers, fries, divey ambiance make this place one of our favorites for a casual meal in Seaside. :)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place was recommended to us when we checked into our motel. What a great suggestion. I have driven by many times and never paid any attention to this place. I will not make that mistake again. Good beer on tap and according to my friend a good selection of wine. The burgers really were the best I have had in a long time. The Mushroom soup was homemade with lots of whole mushrooms, the fries handcut and perfectly cooked. A little mistake when the jalapenos were left off of my friend's burger was quickly remedied with an apology from our server and a bowl brought to our table. Located on the south side of Seaside, this place is a winner.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were told that the Relief Pitcher had the best burgers around. They definitely were! This is clearly the local watering hole, but the service was great, everyone was friendly, and the owner is the chef (who also brought out the food himself). We will definitely be eating our burgers there on future visits!

This is by no means a place for kids or fanciness.