“Good food, friendly service”
Review of Salvatore's Cafe - CLOSED

Salvatore's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inside Best Western Ocean View Resort 4th & Prom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food was good and the service was friendly. We were the only ones in the restaurant and there is no background music so the silence was somewhat awkward. I could have been because there was a storm raging outside and the power was cutting in and out.

Terrance B, Owner at Salvatore's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for dining with us and you are correct. The Cable system was inoperable as a result of the storm and we lost our music, Cable TV (intermittently) and other systems. Thanks for braving the storm with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The fish and chips were good. Chowder was not that great. Other food was so-so. Place was pretty empty at 7pm and they put us by the door to the kitchen. Must have been an off night for the kitchen. We were not the only ones who were not impressed. One table sent most of their food back.

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed this with management and staff and I am quite confident this was an isolated case. Thank you for telling us.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Service was great, food was excellent, and atmosphere was inviting. My husband and I split the chicken Parmeasan and each had more than enough. We each had cup of clam chowder and it was as tasty and creamy as anything on the coast with lots of clams. I would definately recommend this restaurant.

Thank you so much for dining with us and we are glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

As with Norma's Diner, I love the fact that a lot of locals go here to eat. I love the fact that it's connected to a hotel and I can room service.

We appreciate you staying with us and are thrilled that you discovered Salvatore's Café. Ciao!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We usually go to Fulio's in Astoria for our Italain meals but decided to try Salvatore'sdagain with our son and his wife. It had been awhile since we had been here. The restaurant is close to our beach cottage and very convenient for us to go here. The ambiance is very cozy, the fireplace is always going and the service is friendly and attentive. The Bruschetta was surprisingly wonderful!! Very fresh, with lots of chopped tomatoes, basil and perfectly prepared. My glass of Chianti was excellent, also.

The Chicken Parmesan was better than last time, they split the entree for us with no extra charge and a great Caesar Salad came with the dinner. We were in a bit of hurry this meal, but next time we want to try the Tiramisu for dessert. We will definitely return and I highly recommend Salvatore's for a great Italian meal in Seaside. (There are a couple of places that serve very mediocre food here.) :)

Thanks for the great comments and we look forward to your net visit.