“a very tasty dinner in an informal atmosphere”

U Street Pub & Eatery
Ranked #17 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Seasides best old school style burger piled high with shredded lettuce, tomato, and onion, and top off with a tradition secret sauce with a touch of chipotle for a spicy smoke flavor. All Burgers are served with a side of delicious thick cut seasoned fries.
portland,oregpn
“a very tasty dinner in an informal atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

Five of us dined here and all enjoyed our dinners. The "mermaid purse", fish with sauce & rice in parchment packet, is a good way to keep the fish moist and flavorful, Great selection of wines and beers, including Fort George Brewery's Vortex IPA. Service good, prices reasonable. A good addition to Seaside's Cove neighborhood.

Visited January 2011

Olympia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun girls have fun times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Pulled in looking for a spot by the sea. The sign said "live music" but today is Tuesday -- this is unusual. But hooray we just 'lucked' into it. They have live music every Tuesday. Had a great meal - we tried two different Mermaid Purse dinners. Both were good but the sweet chili edged out the asian. Conversation was good too! Stayed at the Tides by the Sea. Clean and cozy rooms. The ocean did her part two with high winds to help the waves add to the experience.

1 Thank VPrest
Portland, Oregon
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was SO HOPING that this new restaurant would surprise me and be amazing but no matter how many times I return to try something else, I am ALWAYS disappointed. My biggest complaint is that I have yet to eat something that has been made from scratch with fresh ingredients.

The last time I was there I tried their Pesto Tuna Sandwich. Turns out they purchase their pesto sauce pre-made, the tuna is from a can, dry and difficult to choke down, and the bread is non-nutritious white bread from a package. Ew. That same visit I ordered a glass of beer (cost me over $3) and the beer arrived with two inches of foam. Would have liked to have gotten my full glass. The waitress seemed irritated so I didn't feel comfortable sending it back. They also purchase their Chocolate Lava Cake pre-made. Do they do anything more than simply assemble sandwiches and throw things in the microwave?

On the plus side, I love their outdoor seating.

2 Thank btucker503
Seaside, Oregon
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

My favorite! The sweet chili salmon purse :) I also enjoyed sitting outside in the sun the atmosphere was very welcoming and beachy.

Warrenton, Oregon
“Delicious new restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

I work down the street and thought I should try it out, so I can refer guests on where to dine. I would definitely recommend this place for lunch! Their specialty is what they call a Mermaid Purse (rockfish or salmon prepared in parchment paper with a variety of flavors) and boy was it delicious! Other items on the menu consist on sandwiches, salads and soups. The staff and food are great!

1 Thank lovemycockerspaniels