“Favorite Seafood Market!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I come to Seaside, this is the place I go for seafood, and this time was no exception. Prawns, Dungeness Crab and homemade cocktail sauce. If I'm coming to Seaside, I'm making a stop here. I have been coming here for over 30 years with my family, I love the history!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This review is for the restaurant only. The seafood market is a quality establishment. One has to wonder if these two businesses are under the same management. I had the cod fish and chips which includes coleslaw. Customers order at the counter and your meal is delivered to you. Service was prompt. The problem was the food itself, I would place the quality of the cod on a par with a drive through fast food restaurant. The fish was soggy with grease. As another reviewer noted the chips simply had no test. The coleslaw was average.
For true fish and chip fans I recommend the Bowpicker north in Astoria or Fisherman's Corner south in Garibaldi. Unless I just happened to catch the restaurant on a bad day it is a shame to see so many highly rate this place.

4  Thank John C
Reviewed August 29, 2013

went based on Trip Advisor Reviews. I had the crab cakes,my family had cod and halibut fish and chips. the food was average. I have had much better crab cakes unfortunately,these were dry. I didn't mind the cole slaw. the fries were nothing special. my husband and daughter did enjoy the fish and chips,no complaints. I was sadly let down with the crab cakes however. Very small establishment,seats a handful of people, best for takeout I would say. It was ok, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it again like we did this time

3  Thank 123lolabe
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This review is not for the restaurant but for the seafood counter. Visiting the Seaside Area we came upon Bell Buoy and just had to stop. We bought 4 lbs of crab and pepper salmon. My SIL made crab cakes for us that night and we enjoyed the best tasting crab ever. The owner and his wife are lovely people and so friendly. Everything looked so good but our mission was the crab.
Will never forget the taste of that fresh crab!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Small restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Food served in throw away containers. I had the crab "cocktail" that was fresh crab meat in a styrofoam container with cocktail sauce and wedge of lemon on the side. Crab was fresh and tasty. We also had the shrimp and crab melt. The bread was toasted with the cheese and then the shrimp and crab was added and then reheated. I liked that it was not smothered in cheese. Over all good food but a little on the pricey side.