“Very Good!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch and had the steak quesadilla and the pork tacos and it was as usual, excellent, highly recommend!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love The Stand! We eat here every time we are in Seaside. It is such delicious, healthy, authentic Santa Cruz Mexican food. The flavors are amazing. We love the homemade ingredients including the Corn Tortillas and Salsa. I love the Carne Asada Tostada, & the Pork Recession Taco's. They are $1.95. My boys love this place to eat, too. They are open M-F, & close at 5pm. We hurry to get to The Stand. My husband loves the Chili Relleno Quesadilla, the Fish Tacos, & the Pork Torta. Love it!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Place is spartan, a little cold in the winter. People are friendly. Food portions are big. I had a burrito with spicy veggies: not so tasty.
My wife had tacos and she liked them.

1  Thank maxscipio
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Always loved this place but the last 2 visits there will be it..the meat was so riddled with grissle I had to throw it away.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

It had been awhile since we dined at The Stand, we usually go across the street to Guadalajara Taco Shop. I ordered a combinaiton of the Cheese Enchilada and The Chili Relleno which came with sides of rice and beans. My first bite into the Chili Relleno was cold. I took it back to the front for them to make another one but when the plate arrived it was just nuked with the sour cream running everywhere. Eww!

This place is very popular with the locals and is very crowded during lunctime. The inside is very small and yesterday was quite noisy. The food is a bit overpriced in my opinion and water is served in paper cups. No Jarrito sodas either.