“Quick fix Mexican.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

If you are not wanting to make the short trip to gearhart for El Mariachi Loco the stand is the only other Mexican place to go! Great food. Nachos are excellent!!! Take cash though!!! Taco Bell is good when you need a fix but this stuff is way better!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Been there many times.

The owner is the cook. Guy is some sort of culinary witch.

Chile Verde (burrito) is to die for. Chicken Mole taco plate special is awesome. Complex layers of flavor (did I mention the chile verde?) which so many places lack. Chile Rellenos are done properly, unlike most Mexican Restaurants north of LA. The sauce on the rellenos is not quite as good as the world class relleno you would find at Acapulco (now closed) in Alameda, CA.

Our tried and true test for any Mexican is the salsa. The Stand offers a blended red which is jalapeno, tomato, cilantro with a hint of fresh oregano?? And a Pico that is jalapeno, cilantro, onion, and tomato. Both are fresh, chilled and delicious.

This place reminds me of the original Baja Fresh I frequented (20 years ago) in Santa Monica, CA, before it franchised into smithareens. And like Baja Fresh was, The Stand is a no frills, hole in the wall. Make sure you check out the specials on the small blackboard near the cook's window. You can't go wrong.

The place is a bit quirky . . . it is not open for the choice, weekend tourist crowd. Go figure.

On dry days bring your pooch and sit outside at the picnic tables.

1  Thank beergardenboy
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Best qUick authentic Mexican food around! Special of the day always a winner! Family run. Nachos are my fave!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After many years of hearing about the great food, my wife and I tried it. The burrito was fantastic; the best I have ever had. This restaurant is a must-stop for those who enjoy Mexican food.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I always enjoy the take-out from the Stand. My favorite is the bean/cheese and rice burrito when I'm not eating meat. Meals are very affordable, portions are generous and your meal is prepared within five minutes. It's one of Seaside's gems known by all the locals. There isn't much to the restaurant which is why we usually order take-out. It's the tasty food that keeps us regulars.