“Loved it!!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Seaside B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We loved staying here. We enjoyed the decor, the kitchenette was awesome, and we called in a reservation at 10pm the night of, and checked in within 10 minutes. Awesome communication when we needed to call the owners. The blankets were so.... clean comfortable and... feather-ly luscious, would duplicate the blankets for my home if I knew the secret! Will be back and also recommend. Great experience. The water tank or heater in the bathroom was kind of weird. odd smell and sound coming from it, but besides that 100% satisfied and more!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kennewick, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in a Queen Studio for 2 nights. It was the perfect size for our needs and we loved it! Tucked away enough that we didn't hear people walking around outside all night, but close enough that we parked the car most of the weekend. The beach is a couple walking minutes away, as well as downtown.
Heater was NOT super loud and it didn't bother us at all. Shower is the same size as a regular shower. The bed was super comfy and the decor was gorgeous! We didn't hear the neighbors much and we had people on both sides. Interactions with owners were minimal, but very friendly. There was even a cute little journal to log our experience and read past entries.
You have to push the bathroom door shut after you initially close it, but if you're in a Queen Studio with someone else you're probably past the privacy stage. The shower was a bit touchy, but wasn't bad. It had some small quirks, but they made our beach experience better versus staying in a typical chain establishment.
The next time we make it down there we will be on a family vacation and get a bigger room, but we WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SHELLSCAPE, Owner at Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Beachside Inn. We appreciate your letting us know about the bathroom door and have since corrected the problem. Thank you
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The rooms are cute and cozy. The pictures online are exactly what you see in person. I liked that we could walk to the beach and downtown Seaside area. All the interactions we had with the staff were pleasant ones. Noise wasn't a problem for us, then again we spent much of our time exploring around town. My husband and I would stay here again. :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We wanted to stay in Long Beach, WA and reserved a room in the Adrift hotel (130$/night), but had a horrible incident there. We checked in and found feces on the "fresh" bed sheets!

Anyways, we drove to Seaside,OR that day and found the Beachside Inn. We arrived and the lady at the front desk, which later turned out to be the property owner, let us check out the room. We walked in there and of course after the crazy experience earlier that day in the Adrift, we just lifted up the bed cover and sheet to see if the bed is at least clean. The room was clean, but it looked like a motel from the 70's. Not very welcoming and "romantic". anyways, me and my husband told the lady we would just walk to the beach talk about it and would be back within 10 min. She agreed and seemed fine with that.

10 min . later we came back and wanted to tell her, that we would gladly take the room for the night. She was upset and snapped at us saying: " I am not considering renting to you!". We were shocked! I asked her why, she said, " we come here and destroy the bed and then walk away"!!! I was trying to reason with her and tell her about our first experience and that I just checked out the cleanliness of the bed..., but she wasn't listening, cutting me off and basically kicking us out of the room!.

This was the rudest and most unprofessional thing I have ever experienced with hotel staff/owner....I don't know whether that was racist thing or not since we are a mixed couple!!! I couldn't tell, but it certainly was outrageous and put a very bad light on her and this place.

Anyways, besides this the hotel/cottage whatever it supposed to be, does not hold up to their description on the homepage. All I can say is: don't go there. You can find some place else where your business is appreciated and you get treated with some respect and dignity, and a place that is worth 120$!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbug0108
SHELLSCAPE, Owner at Beachside Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Beachside Inn gladly allows guests to see accommodations before renting. Our willingness to rent to this couple is evident by allowing them to view the room, and their choice to return to rent. Leaving a room disheveled (bedding and pillows pulled back to the floor) after viewing, without clearly informing the desk as to their intentions, is unacceptable. We want all our guests to have a pleasant experience. We trust that other reviews show this to be true. Would any responsible business refuse service without a compelling reason? We are often complemented that the website accurately represents Beachside Inn.
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had the occasion to stay at the Beachside Motel in Seaside, OR the weekend of Aug. 18, 2012. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of our suite. It was a two-bedroom/kitchenette with a cozy fireplace, two big comfy queen size beds. The carpet was clean and cushy, and the beds were made up invitingly with lots of pillows, and a nice warm comforter. The room we had was decorated in an ocean theme of soft seafoam green with blue accents. It was so calming and relaxing. The furnishings were all in good condition, with a retro look. The kitchen is stocked with the dishes and pans you need to save a little money on eating out, has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Only thing missing was a toaster. It is a short walk of a couple of blocks to the Promenade and the beach, and only a couple of blocks to the main tourist shopping area on Broadway. Definitely a good little place to stay with all the comforts you need, close to the ocean, without the oceanfront price for the more budget minded.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
spokane, wa
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I and two teenage daughters spent two nights here and it was perfect. My daughters LOVED it and can't wait to return. They called it a prime destination for future Oregon trips. Our room was exactly like the picture on the website. We had two queens including a fireplace and kitchenette. Bed was very comfortable for both my wife and I. The girls said the same about theirs. NO issues with noise as I read in other reviews. I was skeptical after reading those two reviews. Anyone that is disappointed at the Beachside Inn would be disappointed anywhere! this place is wonderful and so close to both the beach and all the downtown shops. We walked everywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Seaside was the destination of our family road trip and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. When we arrived I was happy to see that it was exactly as it had been advertised. The room was beautifully furnished, clean, and had a calming feel to it.
We rented their two room suite which suited our family perfectly. The room two separate bedrooms, a full kitchen (refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave & equipped with plates, utensils, cookware, etc.), a small living room area and full (though small) bathroom.
The beds were so comfortable and our son slept so great having his own space.
Now, regarding the bathroom... I can honestly say I was concerned about this specifically as it had been commented on by other reviewers and my husband is bigger guy. But once we arrived my mind was put at ease. It is smaller but it is functional and well set up. They have done the absolute best they could with the space they had to work with.
The owner was helpful and friendly. We only saw her a couple of times but each time she asked how our stay was and if we needed anything.
The inn is located literally 1 1/2 blocks from the beach, a little further from the main shopping/touristy areas. We drove most places and were really lucky finding parking (probably due to it being during the week rather than weekend).
All in all, we loved it and we look forward to staying at the Beachside Inn on our next trip to Seaside!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family, ask about their two room suite. It was perfect for my husband...