“Lovely”

Seaside Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Seaside B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just stayed here for 2 days and I thught it was quait and lovely. We stayed in the Seaside room and it was perfect, clean, and very comfortable. Loved the tub, and the decor was sublte. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again. I also saw the shell seeker as my friend had that room and it was beautiful- I am guessing they did some renovations as other reviews says outdated- neither room was in my opinion. The shell seeker also has an awesome gas fireplace and double headed shower.

Room Tip: Seaside Beach room was wonderful as is The Shell Seeker!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Namaste L
Sadie M, Owner at Seaside Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the great review! My husband and I took over the inn a month and a half ago and have made some very recent changes including updating the bedding and decor of the rooms! We could not be more thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Seaside! Happy travels! - The Mercer's - Seaside Oceanfront Inn & Maggie's on the Prom

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband & i just spent 3 nights here , from February 19-22, & stayed on the 4th floor in the North West Timber Room. This room was very cozy & had the best views of the beach & ocean waves! We had a king sized bed & the room also had a fireplace, which was wonderful this time of year! The room also had a loft with a jacuzzi & a shower which was awesome!
If you have never been to Seaside, Oregon, you must put it on your bucket list! Most romantic place to spend time with your husband/wife/partner!! This was our 4th time in Seaside & we look forward to returning in the future.
Our other FAVORITE property in Seaside is The Inn of the Fourth Winds...check it out too!! Another beautiful property right on the Prommenade!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barb F
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This overall is a great place to stay. We love their restaurant Maggie’s on the Prom and have been going there for years any time we are in the area so we were excited to stay there. We had a lovely time but that having said this is hard to review I just have to list the pros and cons and take it from there.
Staff-- we found them to be very very friendly and helpful from the time we spoke on the phone to the staff at the restaurant. They even let us check in early. However who I am guessing is the manager came during our lunch and ended up sitting in the area and made loud personal phone calls the whole time.
Our room - we stayed in the Kite room- was very nice very very clean. It was my first choice based on the fantastic Jacuzzi tub and it did not disappoint I had to have taken 12 baths…or more. It sits up high in the room so you can have a small view of the water although I still felt it was private. It was nicely appointed - nice flat screen TV, storage, coffee maker, 2 chairs and great linens. The room- although it feels like staying in a BnB was very quiet! The cons- are overall its very dated. It needs a remodel for sure. Very old worn tile in the sink, and even the faceplates to the light switches were a little gross honestly. It did look like newer paint and carpet though. Although the room was clean there are several oddly placed items that we ended up moving right away- like a case of plastic flowers and stuffed animals that were filthy dirty. Our room theme was cute- kites from the high ceilings and posters but some of the themes need to be revisited. From the photos they display- it just needs to be redone and more modernized. We got a good deal but its way too dated for the normal prices. There is no fridge in the room but there is a coffee maker although they only give you 2 ‘pods’ for coffee and you have to purchase more. Lastly in our room the bed was very comfortable but it was SOOO high I could not get in it without a stool which was crazy unsafe! You could NOT stay there if you had any physical issues what so ever. I nearly fell several times and was stressed having to use the restroom in the middle of the night.
The best part of this is the restaurant. We had the most amazing soup and dinner. Everything is very very fresh great service and unique lovely items. I am surprised they do not offer any kind of package that includes dining and its not even open for breakfast right now. I had to laugh that they had printed reviews in the elevator that for one were not even that glowing- and they were from nearly a year ago.
There is a common area on the 4th floor so it would be a great place to meet up if you happen to be staying with other people. The elevator goes all the way to the parking area so it was easy to bring luggage up.
It s of the more recognizable, distinct hotels in the area but now that we have stayed there I feel like they are a little past their time. We really did overall like our room and might think to stay there again but only with a good deal. I just think there is way too much competition to be stuck like they are. We will continue to dine there for sure however.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub is great but do not book kite room if you have mobility difficulty due to climining into...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AlwaysMissinHawaii
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm just now writing this review...like 3 years too late.

In all honesty I can't find a bad thing about this place, we had the Shell Seeker room, and it had a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean. We traveled here in Feb. and we were thinking that it was going to be really cloudy and cold, it turned out to be a 80 degree weekend! That was a bonus.

We were walking distance to EVERYTHING. Driving distance to Astoria Oregon...where we found THE GOONIES HOUSE! (Be aware, it's painted something different, but you totally get to walk up to it!) - also we were walking distance to THE GOONIES ROCK!! Honestly, coolest adventure ever, we also were able to travel up to Washington State.

3 years ago breakfast was included in our stay, and it was DELICIOUS! Honestly...omletes and toast and bacon and sausage and pancakes. WONDERFUL. Also, it was a pet friendly Inn, which I wish I would have known...because I wish I brought my dogs to play in the ocean!

All in all. A wonderful place. A beautiful place. A charming place....the PERFECT place.

Room Tip: The Shell Seeker was inexpensive, but had the BEST view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toya D
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in the NW Timber room on the top floor. It has a loft with a shower and big jacuzzi tub and stunning views of the ocean from the king bed and comfy chairs. Nice linens on the bed. Enjoyed yummy signature cocktails at Happy Hour in their quiet dining room while watching the sun set (although not sure it is quiet in the summer time - given the nature of Seaside, it might be overrun with kids??). We were lucky to have sunny days in late November to explore the beach. We would definitely stay here again if ever on the Oregon coast.

Room Tip: Loved the NW Timber room and would definitely ask for it again!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time I have ever written a review prior to ending an experience! We are in the middle of enjoying THE greatest overall EXPERIENCE we have had ever had anywhere EVER! After staying the night in Seaside for a quickie romantic getaway and to attend Iron Chef goes coastal, we awoke to a beautiful sunrise beckoning us to stay another day...we accepted this universal invite gladly but rather than stay at our current hotel, Inn at the Prom ( which was absolutely lovely but we would have have to switch rooms), we embarked on an adventure two blocks down Beach Drive to Seaside Oceanside Inn. We found ourselves approaching a narrow funky looking, well aged and subtly towering building tucked unassumingly between blah looking 70s era cement condo-ish buildings. We approached up a narrow driveway and our immediate thought was "funky." And by funky, we mean cool and different. We entered the basement level thru an old cast iron gate and found ourselves being welcomed by a really cool old picture of a chick swimming and a dog in the elevator when the door opened...nice way to start an adventure!!!! A lovely woman dressed in down-to-earth-colorful sheik gardener and a handsome pleasant young man popped their heads around corner and asked if they could help us. We told them we were interested in a room. They whisked us up to the main floor which houses Maggie's restaurant (from what we have heard, one of the best in Clatsop County) and promptly invited us to sit and asked if we would like a beverage (on the house!!!!),...amazing...when does that happen, EVER?! We then visited with Susan who we learned was owner/manager and her assistant (?) for over an hour. After our enlightening visit, she asked us what room we would like,..we told her based on researching the different themed rooms that we would like the Timber Room. She briefly left us to make sure room was in order and returned with a key and directions. New bid adieu and came to our room. Upon entering, we felt like we had entered a different hospitality dimension, one unknown in this cookie cutter world. The room is neither opulent nor Truman-show-ish but rather an almost living breathing organism with its own personality, history and tales. It is eclectic funk at its finest! Antique king sliehbed coupled with an updated gas fireplace and new carpeting...a surprise alcove hiding another bedroom with a double bed, a lift housing a two-person green tiled jacuzzi tub and a partial octagon shower and the VIEW...larger than life unbelievable!!!! A view that can be seen from every area of the room except the loo which is smartly tucked away by itself on main floor off lofted suite. Two lovely antique sit-in-me-comfortable chairs beckoned us to come sit by the spacious floor to ceiling windows and put our feet up...no asking twice here! Each room in this charming place has its own theme...Bubble, Kite etc etc...would love to someday be able to stay in each! There are a few minor things dis-repair and I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM SAYING THIS BUT IT ACTUALLY ADDS TO THE CHARM! It is like, of course, that makes perfect universal sense! There is not a microwave or fridge - and I can see why...it just would not work! Susan has got this down and I commend her forward/backwards thinking as it makes for perfection! I have tried my best to capture this room in pictures...hope I do it Justice as it is hard to capture a feeling and boy, this place has FEELING!!! Warning: if you are high maintenance (u know who you are!) stay away...this is for the spur of the moment unencumbered types who embraces the surprises if life even if they be volitale!!! Kudos to all who brought themselves and their hearts to this glorious place. In the words of Arnold, we'll be back!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jacksbox
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We attend the the Oregon State Beekeepers Association annual meeting in November at Seaside. We always stay at the Seaside Oceanfront and love it! Our favorite room was the Seaside Beach but it may now be the the Shell Seeker. The Seaside has wonderful panoramic views but we find a king size bed a bit too large! The Shell Seeker has a queen bed and a large two-person shower with a great view. We love the ambiance of Maggie's On the Prom and our waitress Lauren was a delight! Lisa at the front desk was awesome and able to accommodate all our needs. We brought a few of the convention goers over for dinner and they were thrilled with their experience. Thank you Seaside for all your fine efforts!

Room Tip: Seaside Room has large King, no bathroom counter space Shell Seeker has queen bed and only shower a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business