“Clean, Small privately owned hotel one block from everything!~”
Review of City Center Motel

City Center Motel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I wanted to be close to beach and restaurants and found The City Center.
I checked in for an extended stay. In that time, the staff was attentive, new furniture
and bed packages were delivered, deep cleaning for all rooms took place and
I have been watching this motel/hotel transform itself with the new owner and
staff working hard to grow the business with it's "new look'.
My studio w/kitchenette is so handy, I feel like I could live here for a long time.

I had some internet connection problems but they were resolved and it's a cute
place with a personal feel. You are literally one block from beach and about fifteen
restaurants and shops.

I recommend it.

Room Tip: They have many rooms with kitchenettes or at least a fridge and microwave. This is so convenient.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lily12Petals

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a tough review to write, because I did mostly like the place. But it needs some work. It's cute, comfortable, and cheap (amazing price). I had a remodeled room. Issues: wifi worked about 25% of stay (and I stayed in after dark hoping to watch a movie on my tablet, but wifi didn't work), NO hot water for my morning shower, so I didn't get to take one (got my hair wet with cold water, not even luke warm, and I definitely had the hot water tap on...really didn't start my day off right!), and there are no wall outlets in the bathroom so I had to dry and straighten my hair in the bedroom with no mirror after unplugging a lamp. Not to mention I'm tall so I had to sit on the floor to do this bc the two outlets in the room are low to the ground. I also had a cover on my bed that wasn't clean, but they switched this out when I took it to the lobby. I'd like to stay there again...can't beat the location and it's quiet. But those fixes really need to happen! And definitely ensure blankets on the bed are clean for new renters. Stayed in #218

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Sarah C
_GeneralManager503_, Owner at City Center Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience at our motel. We are really thrilled to know that you mostly enjoyed your stay and liked our newly renovated cute comfortable room at affordable rate. I am really sorry to hear that the limited access of Wi-Fi made your stay inconvenient. We have been working this issue and very much close to provide the guest better Wi-Fi. The technician is scheduled to upgrade the system within couple days.
As a part of renovation we are still in the middle of the process and we very much appreciate that you take time to bring those issues to our attention. We promise we will be taking acre those issue so our future guest does not experience the same issue. I will ensure that our house keeping team gets more training to ensure every guest to provide clean comfortable room. Thanks that you like our location which is only one short block from the beach and downtown Seaside. All 40 rooms are under renovation and are getting a complete face lift. New furniture, mattresses and flat screen televisions are just some of what to expect. Our goal is to provide Seaside guest clean and comfortable room at affordable rate.
I am sorry that we felt short to provide you what exactly our goal is. I hope you will have better experience in your future stay.
Hope we will see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Overall good experience. The room I was staying had updated furnitures. Room was clean and decent size. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The beach was only one block from the hotel. Enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sazzad88
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The City Center Motel is an amazing budget hotel with great warm cozy beds.only a short block from the beach and a parking lot away from Broadway with all the great shops. this is an amazing hotel with the kindest staff in the world.You are going to have an amazing time at this hotel. Me and the guys sure did.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a surprise to unlock the door and have such an adorable room waiting. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the beds were wonderful. It is just a short walk to everywhere in Seaside you would want to go, beach, dining, shopping. Yes, this is an older building, but, the prices reflect that. We will be back to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Last minute reservations....this place was great! Within walking distrance of the beach, only 2 blocks to the boardwalk and 2 blocks to food and games. Room had everything we needed and it was extremely clean. Bonus, they have an indoor pool for those rainy days at the beach. The folks at the front desk were courteous and very helpful (ie tide chart, etc)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LLP1957
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our guest service, cleanliness of our rooms and our motel location. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms while offering rate conscious rates. Thanks again for your review; we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I needed to get away for a weekend and I choose Seaside. This time of year the town is not crowed, just quiet and relaxing! I wanted to stay at a place which made getting to the beach easy and I didn't have to walk far from downtown. I noticed this motel which was perfect for what I was looking for location wise. I have to admit, I was a little questionable about the facility just by looking at it, but why judge a book by it's cover. Boy, did I pick a winner!! One block from the beach and one block from down town. SCORE!

This hotel has everything you need for a quick get-a-way. I did not have a reservation, which wasn't an issue especially during this time of the year. The front desk was very professional and kind from the moment I walked through the door to the next day when I checked out. There lobby is very modern with complimentary water. The check-in process was simple and I could not believe the price I paid for what I got! Only $49!!! I spent more on dinner!

I was blown away when I walked into my room. The furniture, decor, bed and even TV was all updated. (This really defines "Don't judge a book by it's cover.) I had a king size bed with a couch, mini fridge, coffee pot, microwave and a nice flat screen TV. The bed was so comfortable; I slept like a baby. The room smelled and looked so clean. The towels were very plush and soft. The mini soaps were so nice and smelled good too. If you like that sort of thing.

Even thought I didn't use it, my room came with complimentary wifi and also the hotel had an indoor heated pool!! This was very nice. Even thought they didn't have a hot tub, there is an area where you can sit and have the jets, yes actual jets, hit that sore spot from driving for hours.

City Center has blown me away with the service and comfort for the price you pay. I will be back and will be telling everyone about this wonderful place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew P
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience at our motel. We are really thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our newly renovated clean comfortable room. The Motel is located only one short block from the beach and downtown Seaside is under new ownership. We have purchased the City Center Motel and have great renovation plans in mind for this 40 room motel. All 40 rooms are under renovation and are getting a complete face lift. New furniture, mattresses and flat screen televisions are just some of what to expect. Our goal is to provide Seaside guest clean and comfortable room at affordable rate.
Hope we will see you again soon. Also we really appreciate for recommending our motel to others. Thanks again.