“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Last minute reservations....this place was great! Within walking distrance of the beach, only 2 blocks to the boardwalk and 2 blocks to food and games. Room had everything we needed and it was extremely clean. Bonus, they have an indoor pool for those rainy days at the beach. The folks at the front desk were courteous and very helpful (ie tide chart, etc)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LLP1957
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our guest service, cleanliness of our rooms and our motel location. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms while offering rate conscious rates. Thanks again for your review; we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I needed to get away for a weekend and I choose Seaside. This time of year the town is not crowed, just quiet and relaxing! I wanted to stay at a place which made getting to the beach easy and I didn't have to walk far from downtown. I noticed this motel which was perfect for what I was looking for location wise. I have to admit, I was a little questionable about the facility just by looking at it, but why judge a book by it's cover. Boy, did I pick a winner!! One block from the beach and one block from down town. SCORE!

This hotel has everything you need for a quick get-a-way. I did not have a reservation, which wasn't an issue especially during this time of the year. The front desk was very professional and kind from the moment I walked through the door to the next day when I checked out. There lobby is very modern with complimentary water. The check-in process was simple and I could not believe the price I paid for what I got! Only $49!!! I spent more on dinner!

I was blown away when I walked into my room. The furniture, decor, bed and even TV was all updated. (This really defines "Don't judge a book by it's cover.) I had a king size bed with a couch, mini fridge, coffee pot, microwave and a nice flat screen TV. The bed was so comfortable; I slept like a baby. The room smelled and looked so clean. The towels were very plush and soft. The mini soaps were so nice and smelled good too. If you like that sort of thing.

Even thought I didn't use it, my room came with complimentary wifi and also the hotel had an indoor heated pool!! This was very nice. Even thought they didn't have a hot tub, there is an area where you can sit and have the jets, yes actual jets, hit that sore spot from driving for hours.

City Center has blown me away with the service and comfort for the price you pay. I will be back and will be telling everyone about this wonderful place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew P
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience at our motel. We are really thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and liked our newly renovated clean comfortable room. The Motel is located only one short block from the beach and downtown Seaside is under new ownership. We have purchased the City Center Motel and have great renovation plans in mind for this 40 room motel. All 40 rooms are under renovation and are getting a complete face lift. New furniture, mattresses and flat screen televisions are just some of what to expect. Our goal is to provide Seaside guest clean and comfortable room at affordable rate.
Hope we will see you again soon. Also we really appreciate for recommending our motel to others. Thanks again.
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This property is sad. There’s lots of mold on walls behind beds and in the shower. Staff is not knowledgeable. If you have any complaints (don't share them with the staff or Management they take it very personally.) There were several things were wrong with the room and when you walk into the office. (There are no guest phones in the rooms) and tell them items that need attention they apologize. However they don't fix the problems or offer solutions. It’s sad really because this property is a good location. But all of the staff must be taught to take ownership of any and all situations. And see small correctable items as opportunities to earn a Guests respect rather than take the complaints personally and alienate the Guests. The Owner is even worse to try and deal with... This could be because they own three Properties on 1st street. So if you don't like one you will most likely choose one of the other two. So they will still be getting your business one way or another. I think the poor service is passed down from the owner to the staff to the guest... The property is being slightly updated with used items from one of the other motels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Olivus B
INNATSEASIDE1, General Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns. As we have taken new ownership on the property recently and we understand the property needs renovation in the rooms. You requested to extend your stay by 3 more weeks and we apologize we were not able to extend your stay with us. We are sorry that it caused you an inconvenience. We know that your room had many issues as it was being used for as a long term rental. We will be addressing all your issues and concerns as we remodel the hotel. We are excited that very soon we can provide clean and comfortable rooms at an economical rate.