“The price is right.”

Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I rented a mini suite for three nights at $189/night. The room was okay. We were in room 112 and the people above use were very noisy. The staff we're nice. The continental breakfast was poor. The pool was okay. Just keep in mind you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have stayed at Shilo Inns in the past and have usually found them to be clean, comfortable, safe, and a great value but that was not the case here. We stayed here on a family vacation on the Oregon coast and was disappointed in the general upkeep of this property. The air conditioner didn't work and the door to the room would not close and latch safely unless the door was slammed very hard. We got used to slamming the door but when we came back to the room after a day out we found that the cleaning staff had not properly closed the door when they left and it was open. As I stated before, I have always liked the Shilo Inn and I am very disappointed in the quality of upkeep at this particular one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in regards to the A/C & the door not closing properly. It is important to us that all guest rooms are secure and I have addressed this issue. Also, I know that it did become quite warm recently here on the coast and we worked hard to insure all of our guests were comfortable, and we have someone on the desk 24/7 to help facilitate any concerns our guest have. I know that if an A/C unit was having issues our staff was very willing to move our valued guests or provide a fan. Please note, we are working on updating areas of our property as well.
Andrew Oberembt, General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Oregon coast on spring break. When we went to check in, the lady at the front desk was very rude and seemed like she thought she was going out of her way to help us. The room itself was decent but very dirty. We found blood stains on the sheets and the shower didn't look like it had been cleaned in weeks. I think if we're looking for something in the same price range next time we'll try the Guesthouse Inn down the street.

Room Tip: Hotels on the bottom floor near the lobby have interior hallway entrances. Anything else will have a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your comments as they are a valuable tool in helping us be consistent when it comes to providing quality customer service and clean, affordable rooms. I really do apologize for the situations you encountered and have spoken to our staff in regards to these concerns. I did notice that you did not mention that we did immediately resolve all issues for you when you brought them to our attention and it is important to note that we did do so.
Andrew Oberembt, General Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is one of the lower-priced rooms I have stayed in in the Seaside area. It reflected that. The front desk worker was not super friendly. The room was a little worn but okay. The maintenance man was very prompt, kind and helpful. We felt pretty safe here. The continental breakfast was the worst I have ever seen. I wish there were rooms that overlooked the river more - I am sure it could have been a pretty view. There are much better places to stay in Seaside. I would only stay here if nothing else is available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cnft
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Guest valued guest, Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay. I am glad you felt safe and that our location worked well for your traveling needs but I apologize that it seemed we did not “stand out”. We want our guests to experience excellent customer service from each member of our staff and to that end I have included your comments in our recent front desk meeting. Please know, we are working hard to change our continental breakfast but have to work within the guidelines set by our county. Thank you again! Andrew Oberembt, General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed for one night on our way up the coast. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the pool is open 24hours. breakfast the next morning included Juice, coffee, muffins, yogurt and bagels. I wish there was a protein choice.....like boiled eggs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rapunzel_elf
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Verified Traveler,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for your kind comments! Making sure that our guests have a great experience is important to us and we are excited that it shows!

Andrew Oberembt

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Ive stayed at several Shilo inns. There are 2 in Seaside. An oceanfront one and this smaller East one . its a mile from the beach so you can hear the ocean but you can't see it. Hence the lower prices. We had 6 people.2 adults,4 kids. Our room was plenty spacious. Cleanliness was a bit below average. Needed a good dusting. Microwave and mini fridge really needed a cleaning. The guest folder in the drawer had been there awhile as it was bent up and something sticky on the brochures. Teenagers were disappointed to find there was no fitness center as advertised specifically for that location and even a sign in the hallway pointing in the direction but alas! It did not exsist. The hairdryer in the room was broken. This wasnt a big deal for me as i had my own. The water pressure in the shower was fabulous.The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was decent and generous. We stayed 2 nights. The nature of our business there was such that an ocean view wasn't necessary. It is within walking distance of everything downtown. There is a Shell Station/Minimart a few steps away . This is a good place to stay if you are passing through .Considerably lower prices than surrounding hotels.Total: $240.00-2queen, pull out double couch--2 nights(checkout@ 12 noon) Sleeps 6 very comfortably. One complaint that I've experienced at every single Shilo. Large Dogs. I'm not a pet owner so I can't appreciate the fact that Shilo Inns allow them. I don't like being in the elevator with them and I don't like that they don't always use designated areas for their"business".

Room Tip: There are rooms with both indoor and outdoor entrances. Just a matter of personal preference.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank truesotrue
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear TruesoTrue,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us as we value are guest comments! I am glad our hotel & staff more than met your needs during your stay; you are one of many that love and value our location and amenities! Please note I am looking into and addressing the concerns you mentioned. I did verify that we have signs on the property sharing the location of our pool and vending areas only, they do not show a fitness area for our property…We are so sorry that not having one was a disappointment; we do offer the fitness center and pool at our nearby Oceanfront Shilo for our guest use as well.
Andrew Oberembt

Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nicole A
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013