“A terrible experience!”

Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very disappointing property. It is across the street from a closed market, everything felt seedy. First 10 minutes in room and the toilet overflowed! Was moved to a different room but overall run down condition. Only reason we didn't look for another hotel was that it was 4th of July weekend and everything was sold out. Hotel not really close to anything, had to drive everywhere. Staff was accommodating but not exceptional in any way. Comp breakfast was a joke.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marlynn P
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Marlynn P,

I am so sorry your stay was less than perfect! We did work hard to take care of the issues you mentioned immediately and I apologize if we did not do so. I have shared your concerns with our staff so that we can do better in the future as providing our guests with “affordable excellence” is so important to us. Please know that we are located within walking distance to many fine restaurants and our wonderful downtown area and we offer a shuttle for our guest if you would prefer not to walk or drive. Also, the market across the street is actually being renovated into a NAPA Auto Parts store that should be open very soon.

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

It's within walking distance to the beach, shops and grocery store. Enjoyed 2 nights and still was much cheaper than 1 night's cost at an ocean front place. We spent several hours on the beach plus an evening fire so we got our fix of sand and salt water. The room was just what we needed with a frig, microwave, couch and large tv. 24 Hour pool is a huge plus and the free breakfast had plenty of choices. The staff was superior and very friendly. It's not a 5 star resort but it was exactly what we wanted for the weekend. You don't need to break the bank to enjoy life.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NorthwestCoaster
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear NorwestCoaster,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing with us! We work hard to insure our guests receive “affordable excellence” and we are excited to know that is what you received! As you stated, we are close to the “action” but our location gives us the added bonus of being a bit quieter when you want to take a moment and relax. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped at the Shilo Inn to try and get a room, all booked up as was everyone. They said the old Shilo down a few blocks had just had a cancellation. They dialed the number and connected us to get the room. Our experience in Seaside, OR turned out OK. Price was reasonable considering in town lodging is not.

Room Tip: Noises and thin walls, but for the price in Seaside on Memorial weekend, GREAT!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MontesanoJim
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear MontesanoJim,

I am glad you were able to find a room on such short notice! It was our pleasure to help turn a less than pleasant experience into a memorable one. We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Well my suggestion is dont get the cheapest room on hotels.com
Motel like room at the end of a dark creepy hall way. No view of anything, smelled, room in poor shape, and not cleaned very well. Maid service lacked, everyone seemed nice - pool is gross! Tiles falling, looked like it needed to be emptied and really scrubbed, gritty sand piles in the pool - I guess you get what you pay for - peeling wall paper, cracks in dry wall, dusty dirty window area, trash under bed, small noisy queen bed, weird high pitched noise from rhe little fridge, questionable stains on the comforter and chair, seriously disappointed enough that we prolonged returning to our room at the end of every night :( will pick another hotel and spend more money next time

• Stayed: May 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear relw2012,

We want to thank you for taking the time to share with us...your comments are very valuable to us! I am not sure which room you had and if you could contact me at the hotel and provide it, I can take a closer look at the room so that we can insure all the issues you mentioned are addressed. Please know that we work hard to insure that all rooms and our property's amenities are clean, and well maintained and we apologize that it was not at that standard, we do want you to return to our Shilo Inn in the future!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This Shilo is only a block farther from the beach, and at least 150 dollars cheaper a night and nicer. Yes, they too are old and out dated, they have metal keys instead of more modern cards. They could use a fresh coat of paint here and there, but I have tried most of the ocean front hotels at Seaside, and they all could. The pool is nice, the hot tub was nice, and you can use the pool and parking at the other Shilo too. I found the people to always be friendly and helpful.

The beds are comfy, the rooms are big, there is a refrig and coffe pot in every room, and the heat/air worked. And I saved a boat load of money and got some extra steps in by walking a little more. Perfect!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor, could hear every noise from the floor above, but we did no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tia2zach
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

tia2zach,

We are so glad that you had such a great time and please know that we appreciate the wonderful comments you have made about us and also for letting us know where we can improve! Being a coastal hotel does make maintenance a challenge at times. We look forward to seeing you again soon & thank you for choosing Shilo Inns when you travel.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

After checking in and getting two keys (not key cards) we went to our room. Maybe it is the time of year (low occupancy rate) but our room #109 had a musty smell.(I had a Febreeze bottle from my car and sprayed the room and that helped a lot while we were in the room).
I've stayed at several other Shilo Inns and have always been comfortable in the room. There was just something about this room that reminded me of a more budget minded motel. Our room was definitely outdated. The grout in the bathroom was very dirty. Around the bottom of the tub on both ends, there was a gunk build up. There was a hair stuck to the shower curtain. Our bed was nice, but I ripped off the bed spread as it looked like it hadn't been washed recently. The pillows were wonderful as was the rest of the bedding; although it was not very comfortable being able to see outside (even with the curtains fully closed) while laying in bed facing the window. Who ever put curtains did not take them beyond the edge of the window and any one can peak into part of the room.
We really appreciated that the pool area is open 24 hours. After a long drive, both the Sauna and hot tub were very hot and inviting! I know that the hotel can't change it, but the deepest part of the pool was only 5 feet, still very able to swim in and enjoy relaxing.
I do recommend that you ask for an additional bar of soap for the shower as there was just two of us and we used the 1 bar completely and had to grab the 2nd bar from the sink area.
Would I stay here again? After the rooms had a deep cleaning ( I will call first next time first to ask if this has happened recently).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiggerious
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Tiggerious,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns Hotels and thank you for taking the time to share with us! Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I have spoken to my staff and we will be going through that room to insure that there are no other issues in the future. We are thrilled that the overall the room was comfortable and the pool more than met your expectations! We have had many comments from guests about our 24 hour pool and how wonderful it is to have that available to our guests.

Andrew O.
GM

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is not the Shilo Inn on the beach at Seaside but it is very nice. The room was... huuuuge... as most Shilo Inn rooms are. The bed was comfy and all was clean, upkept and nice. The pool area here is great. They have a nice pool, great hot tub, great steam room and great dry sauna. I used all four. The breakfast was your normal continental without waffles - ok. The staff both night and day were very friendly. There was only one other room being used on the night we stayed there - a bit wierd - but that is the season I guess. The price I paid on hotels.com was a very good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear therealsherlock,

Our staff is thrilled to hear you had such a great time during your stay! We take “affordable excellence” seriously and work hard to make sure that each of our guests enjoys their visit to Seaside. Thank you as well for all your kind comments about our hotel and staff; we appreciate all guest comments and it is especially nice to know what we did right for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Shilo Inns when you travel.