“Not by the beach but very nice”

Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is not the Shilo Inn on the beach at Seaside but it is very nice. The room was... huuuuge... as most Shilo Inn rooms are. The bed was comfy and all was clean, upkept and nice. The pool area here is great. They have a nice pool, great hot tub, great steam room and great dry sauna. I used all four. The breakfast was your normal continental without waffles - ok. The staff both night and day were very friendly. There was only one other room being used on the night we stayed there - a bit wierd - but that is the season I guess. The price I paid on hotels.com was a very good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear therealsherlock,

Our staff is thrilled to hear you had such a great time during your stay! We take “affordable excellence” seriously and work hard to make sure that each of our guests enjoys their visit to Seaside. Thank you as well for all your kind comments about our hotel and staff; we appreciate all guest comments and it is especially nice to know what we did right for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Shilo Inns when you travel.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first thing you notice when you check-in is that you're handed a big metal block key. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't provide an electronic key. It should have been a sign. The rooms were very dated. The front desk was not very friendly. The best were very uncomfortable. This place will do if you can't find another place, but I would not go out of my way to book it again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Lch86,

I am so sorry to that your stay was less than perfect! Please know that we do take all of guest’s comments seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share with us. Our guests are very important to us and we want to insure that your stay reflects our “affordable excellence”, we apologize that it did not. I have spoken with our staff and we hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future and see the difference.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Nice friendly employees! I'm disabled, when they saw the cane they moved me from 3rd to 1st flr without without me asking! Room was good size. However for the price (summer tourist prices) the wi-fi did not work all night despite many complaints from many guests. Faucets hard to turn on for disabled, bathroom was not too clean, drain clogged with hair, tub had minor damage, No security keys, old metal kind, key lock hard to use, Carpet stained. Debris under pull-out hide-a-bed my son used. Fridge had broken shelf. TV tube going out. Dust bunnies under bed, and on walls and ceiling. Pet friendly (staff puts out kitty food for local strays, takes good care of them - does not let them bother guests) but no place to let pets walk on grass or use the "facilities". Location is close to Hwy 101 but not too close to Promenade or beach. Not bad, but for the money expected more. NOTE: saw staff drain jacuzzi, clean, and refill after they saw small children use it, good planning on their part!

Room Tip: Bottom flr convenient for disabled, ask for a room near the 24 hr pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Al T
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Al T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us about your stay! My staff appreciated the many kind comments you made about them! Please know that we take every one of you concerns seriously and are working to address the issues you mentioned in regards to your room. We do want you to return in the future and we want you to continue to choose Shilo Inns when you travel.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked a mini-suite with 2 queen beds on Expedia's web site (hurry only 2 rooms left at this price). When we arrived, we got to sleep on a lumpy pull out couch-bed with no adjustment to the room's costly price. I understand that Expedia and priceline.com commonly overbook and the "fine print" says they don't guarantee you'll get what they advertize. Buyer beware!!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask them to match the internet price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear David D,

Thank you for your understanding and we are so sorry that this happened to you! I know we spoke in regards to this during your stay…definitely book directly with the hotel in the future, so we can accommodate you in the room type that best fits your family. We enjoyed having you as our guests and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am so impressed by this hotel. Yes, the room was typical for the price range and the breakfast was minimal (mostly carbs so didn't work for diabetics), but the staff made our stay absolutely terrific. Friendly, helpful, pleasant! They really went the extra mile for us, both during our stay and two weeks later when I called about an item we lost.

Room Tip: We asked for ground floor, and were able to park right in front of our room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Wilma P,

Thank you for your wonderful comments; I have shared them with my staff! We work hard to treat each guest as special and insure they have the “affordable excellence” that Shilo Inns are known for and we are glad it shows. I am also very pleased we were able to take care of your lost & found item! See you again soon!!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Mid-quality hotel with splashes of bargain updates. Personnel is friendly and helpful. Hotel is OK if you don't pay much and have no high expectation. Several blocks from major enternaining district. Bit it's workable for saving $-when you stay a few blocks closer to waterfront, prices are up.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Jacob1993

Thank you for bringing for taking to share with about your recent stay. I am so sorry that things were not what you expected. Please know, we take every comment seriously as they help us in so many ways. I would also be grateful if could take a moment and give me a call here at the hotel so I could discuss this with you.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We loved our stay in this Shilo. After reading the reviews of the ocean view (Prom) Shilo, we chose to stay a few blocks off the beach at this Shilo. The rate was the lowest in Seaside, but the service far exceeds the price. Upon arrival, the desk clerk welcomed us and made sure we knew everything about what the hotel had to offer, including where the nearest stores ect. were. We chose a room across the hall from the pool. At first I was a little worried about staying in this room with children, because the pool is open 24 hrs... but our entire stay was quiet and comfortable. The beds were soft and comfortable, with extra pillows and towels to go around. The room was super clean and also had a large flat screen T.V. Free breakfast was wonderful, especially with a cup of Seattle's best coffee. The pool is a little worn out, but the kids didn't care, and had a great time. My husband and I enjoyed the hot tub, sauna and steam room. FYI, there is a liquor store a block a way, so we were able to enjoy a cocktail after a relaxing day at the beach. Staff was wonderful, location was wonderful, the weather was wonderful (amazingly), and we had a great weekend.

Room Tip: Rm. 105 was awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank beachlovingNWfam
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Seaside East, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear BeachlovinNWfam,

We are so glad you took the time to share with us about how wonderful your stay was; it made our day! All of us here at Shilo Inns work hard to insure that all of our valued guests have a relaxing and enjoyable time while they are with us and we appreciate knowing that we did that for you. It is important for us to know what we do well…and not so well, thank you again! We look forward to your next visit with us in the future!
Best regards,