“Horrible Staff Dirty Room absolutely disgusting”

Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Travelingallthetime
“Horrible Staff Dirty Room absolutely disgusting”
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The hotel inside and out is beautiful but dont be fooled this place is disgusting, our floors were so sticky that my sock literaly stuck to the floor when i walked over it, we also found a cigarette butt under the tv remote. I called down to the front desk to report a complaint and spoke with the manager Lawanda who told me that she would come up to our room and clean it for us, we waited for about an hour and called back and she denied saying that she would clean and refused to clean our dirty sticky floors. I came down stairs and showed her my sock that was covered in a sticky substance and she replied "im sorry sir thats not my job to clean your sticky floors, here you can clean it if you want" as she handed me windex and a clothe, i looked at her like she was crazy and called choice headquarters in the lobby standing right next to her and her assistant Dorina, they both gave me nasty looks while i was talking to corporate, headquarters appologized for the incovenience and comped my night stay. i came down the next morning to check out and gave them my keys and told them my room number, they looked at me in disgust like i had done something wrong and didnt say a word to me. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN the Manager+Staff have no appreciation for guests and are very rude, this place sucks two thumbs down.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Travelingallthetime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Burlington, MA
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn August 14th 2007. The location is good because you can walk to all the shops and the beach. This is not an oceanfront hotel so if you are fine with that it's an ok choice. The rates arent too bad and parking is free. The complimentary breakfast is average with the only hot item being the waffles. The rooms are a decent size and clean. However I found the public areas of the hotel in need of cleaning like the carpets and areas that really needed to be dusted. I also got a room with a balcony which was a good idea I thought but the drawback is that there is bird droppings all over the place. I think that they could do a better job of cleaning the balconies. We only were there for 1 night so the hotel served our purpose. However the general manager was extremely nice and helpful. They also have fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Overall it's an OK place to stay in Seaside.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Griffy234
Portland, OR
Reviewed September 12, 2006

Two words: rip off. The accomodations were just ok, the price was outrageous.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank HolyTravelBatman
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Very nicely remodeled hotel on river within walking distance of beach and main Seaside shopping. Some staff were more friendly than others. Rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed 3 nights. However, we would have a hard time staying here again because of crummy ventilation. Even though the temperature outside was nice, we couldn't get any air into the room. Running the noisy air conditioner didn't help much because it alternated between too hot and too cold.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FoxIslander
Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2006

Our room was overlooing the river and was quite bright. All the decor looks new and doesn't look too bad, unless you look closely.

We surprisingly got a large room ( probably because it was a wheel-chair accesible room), so we had a king size bed, and lots of space in the room (it was the corner room, so there were windows on 2 sides of the room). The bathroom was big, but not the cleanest or most attractive.

The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and evening were a nice touch, and the breakfast was ok (the make it yourself Belgian waffles were the best part of the breakfast) but this is probably not a place I would choose to stay in again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taxprincess
Lacey, WA
Reviewed July 19, 2006

I was excited to stay here after hearing the wonderful reviews... but my experience wasn't that great. I don't think I would choose this hotel again if given the option. The lobby is beautiful but the room left much to be desired.

We stayed after the renovation in a river view room and the decor and furnishings were ok, but it was just dirty. The housecleaning did a really poor job. The floors were dirty and didn't look vacuumed (in fact, there was a stem from a bunch of grapes left in the corner from the last visitors... lovely) and there was a type of glue or other sticky substance all over the floor in the bathroom that had dirt accumulated on it. Also there was a visible oil/sweat stain on the headboard. Yuck.

Everything else was fine, service was alright and the breakfast was good. I would rather stay at this hotel than in my car, but I suggest looking for another hotel if possible.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank MStrand21
Vancouver, Washington, USA
Reviewed May 23, 2006

Stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites for two nights May 14-16, 2006 with the wife, twins and in-laws and we were all very impressed. The property is new, very clean, and offers a good location, just three blocks from the beach. It has an indoor swimming pool, free parking, and a free continental breakfast. All the rooms are non-smoking, and offer a microwave and a fridge, which came in very handy to heat and store food for the kids. Some rooms have balconies facing the river, but all rooms are very clean and comfortable. This is the place where we plan to stay from now on in Seaside. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2006