Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Connecticut
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

Hotel was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was great - lots of variety. The hotel was located only 2 blocks from the boardwalk. I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
EllieMorgan, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
Dear BarbaraConnecticut,

Thank you for your response to Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Comfort Sunshine Breakfast as well as the location of the Comfort Inn & Suites. It is our goal to ensure a comfortable and realaxing stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Ellie Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

The room and the service we received were both excellent. The furnishings in the room were well maintained and new-ish, it was also immaculately clean. When I reported to the Front Desk that someone had left their small dog in their hot car in the parking lot, the Front Desk agent responded to the issue immediately. I was extremely impressed with our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
EllieMorgan, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
Dear Trudging Slowly,

Thank you for your response to Trip Advisor. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. We hope you will consider us again during your next visit to Seaside!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Seaside was my second stay at the hotel. My first time was in 2006 and we liked the hotel and the town so much that we stayed an additional night. We were not disappointed in our choice to stay again. The hotel is nicely located on the river and within a short walk to the Seaside shops and restaurants and ocean. It's a clean hotel and the employees are friendly. I think each room has a balcony overlooking the river with views of the mountains. There's a decent pool area and the breakfast in the morning was well-managed and clean, which tends to be a problem with other Comfort Inns. I love this hotel and would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leshii
Dear Leshii,

I am pleased to hear of your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. I am glad you found it convenient for your activities during your stay. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and to ensure a comfortable stay! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

We went to Seaside for a day trip and LOVED the town. We didn't plan on staying the night and left to go home (a 3 hour drive) in the evening. We were stuck in traffic as we were leaving the town and realized that we weren't really moving for over an hour. We turned around and decided to stay somewhere in town. We found out later there was a huge accident and it was backed up for hours. We called the Comfort Inn and talked to Barb who was so helpful! She gave us a great deal and made sure we had everything we needed (we didn't pack for overnight).
I liked the decor at the hotel but the carpet from the first to second floor was really dirty, warn out and just looked yucky. Our room was ok, we found some dirty q-tips in all the coffee maker supplies, and a big stain on the white comforter. They also brought us a pack-and-play for my daughter and that looked really dirty as well with large stains on the mesh part. We were too tired to complain but if we stayed there longer than one night I would have.
Breakfast was great for our family with enough options. We loved the waffles. We would possibly stay here again if they would tidy up a bit. The location is great and the hotel amenities are a must with smaller children.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
EllieMorgan, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear RoseWashington,

I'm concerned about the problems in regards to cleanliness you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We hope you will give us another chance during your next trip to Seaside.

Gresham, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

I reserved room 110 (a real nice room though the number plate was gone) and received a confirmation on my computer. We called the hotel and she verified that yes we had the room. When I got there clerk Barb told me it was not confirmed. She asked for my ID and credit card. She swiped it 3 times saying it was denied. It was late I was tired and not wanting to argue. I offered her cash. she said they dont' take cash that I would have to go to rite aid and get a prepaid visa card. I did. I called the bank, they told me Comfort Inn already had half of the amount. This surprised me as she said they received NOTHING. When we returned we gave her the prepaid visa card. We asked her how much she planned to take off it She said the full amount ($131) and we told her the bank said they already had $75. She decided to let us go to our room saying that it would take 30 min for the card to be activated. She had us leave the card with her. When we got the prepaid visa card back we checked it. She had only taken $56 out. Mentally I gave her the benefit of the doubt that perhaps she hadn't know the bank had given them $75 already. Then we learned that my bank credit card was now on hold. This left me at the beach with no cash since I had to use my emergency cash for the prepaid visa...for a room that was confirmed and reconfirmed by a phone call BEFORE we got there. When I got home, I kept getting overdraft fees. I went to the bank, who pointed out and printed out the problem. Comfort Inn had made 16 withdrawals between the hours of 8:33 and 11:56 pm on Sept 2. Now keep in mind that we had already paid for the room with the prepaid visa and were in our room when the clerk was STILL according to these papers making these withdrawals. This was a discount room that cost $131...the clerk drained my bank acct debit visa card for $ 514.61...and $56 from a prepaid visa..I stayed one night. This does not include the overdraft fees I am having to cover......and ......that my one night at the beach for my 50th birthday was ruined from my card being put on hold when they noticed the multiple transactions. I have the papers to prove this. I will not remove this until it is cleared up. $571 dollars plus overdraft fees that I had because of these fraudalent withdrawals.This needs to be reimbursed to remedy this.

Now let me say this in all fairness. The hotel room was very nice, we were impressed! The fireplace, chess board, tic tac toes and couchs in the receiving area were really nice. We used them for photo backgrounds. The pool was nice though indoor and small. . It had a hot tub in there though we didn't use it. We were impressed with the continental breakfast room. You could make your own homemade waffles, toast, biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, apple juice, orange juice, milk, coffee, donuts etc. The breakfast was a lot more than we expected. The man running it was very friendly and helpful. There was a tv in the breakfast room...on Spokane Washington news... We were very impressed with the variety of breakfasts available. The only bad thing was that you could not take any of it out of there. The hotel was clean, free of smell and had a nice view of the river and a walkway. It had a balcony that you could smoke out of. Nice shower, a hairdryer, coffee maker etc. There was also a cart for luggage. I would love to stay there again, but not if I'm going to be ripped off by the clerk. Except for the financial mistakes, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank Deana1959
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

We had a wonderful weekend. Great room and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
EllieMorgan, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 1, 2009
Dear Traveler1322,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. It is our goal to ensure a comfortable and relaxing getaway. We hope to see you again soon!

Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is a great place to stay in Seaside. Very convenient, great price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear HappyCamperLasVegas,

I appreciate your response to the Comfort Inn & Suites in Seaside. I am glad you found our hotel to be conveniently located for all of your activities. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. We hope you will consider us for your future lodging needs!