Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed May 19, 2008

This hotel was an excellent value ($119 for a king room room). The location was perfect - on the boardwalk and just half a block from shopping and restaurants - two blocks from the beach. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. The only drawback was the bathroom fan, which sounded like you were in a small room with a lawnmower! Unfortunately, the fan did not have a separate switch, so you were forced to experience every decibel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canwdn

Reviewed March 1, 2008

Prior to my checking in on a sunny afternoon I was expecting nothing more than an ordinary comfort inn. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the nice accomodations. My room, overall, was clean. Check-in and front desk was courteous. Only two minor, minor problems. The sink at the wetbar worked in a funny manner. It was as if you gradually turned on the water, you would get a loud popping from air bubbles. I figured out just to turn it on real fast and sudden. Also, I found someone else's toenail on the carpet. Yuck!!! I used a sanitary wipe cloth and placed it in the garbage. On the last morning I walked up for some coffee with bare feet. I was informed by the maid that I needed shoes on, due to a new health inspector. She was nice and foreward in informing me this. I thanked her. I'm glad she said something. Wi-fi internet was real good. Also, the location right in the middle of town was a plus. I'm a bicycle rider. This, for me, was worth about 5 pluses!! I would grab my bike out of my car and ride it over to the boardwalk, and ride up and down the boardwalk. Overall, my experience here was a positive experience. Upon return to Seaside I will stay at this property again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank OregonRob
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The hotel inside and out is beautiful but dont be fooled this place is disgusting, our floors were so sticky that my sock literaly stuck to the floor when i walked over it, we also found a cigarette butt under the tv remote. I called down to the front desk to report a complaint and spoke with the manager Lawanda who told me that she would come up to our room and clean it for us, we waited for about an hour and called back and she denied saying that she would clean and refused to clean our dirty sticky floors. I came down stairs and showed her my sock that was covered in a sticky substance and she replied "im sorry sir thats not my job to clean your sticky floors, here you can clean it if you want" as she handed me windex and a clothe, i looked at her like she was crazy and called choice headquarters in the lobby standing right next to her and her assistant Dorina, they both gave me nasty looks while i was talking to corporate, headquarters appologized for the incovenience and comped my night stay. i came down the next morning to check out and gave them my keys and told them my room number, they looked at me in disgust like i had done something wrong and didnt say a word to me. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN the Manager+Staff have no appreciation for guests and are very rude, this place sucks two thumbs down.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Travelingallthetime
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn August 14th 2007. The location is good because you can walk to all the shops and the beach. This is not an oceanfront hotel so if you are fine with that it's an ok choice. The rates arent too bad and parking is free. The complimentary breakfast is average with the only hot item being the waffles. The rooms are a decent size and clean. However I found the public areas of the hotel in need of cleaning like the carpets and areas that really needed to be dusted. I also got a room with a balcony which was a good idea I thought but the drawback is that there is bird droppings all over the place. I think that they could do a better job of cleaning the balconies. We only were there for 1 night so the hotel served our purpose. However the general manager was extremely nice and helpful. They also have fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Overall it's an OK place to stay in Seaside.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Griffy234
Reviewed September 12, 2006

Two words: rip off. The accomodations were just ok, the price was outrageous.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank HolyTravelBatman
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Very nicely remodeled hotel on river within walking distance of beach and main Seaside shopping. Some staff were more friendly than others. Rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed 3 nights. However, we would have a hard time staying here again because of crummy ventilation. Even though the temperature outside was nice, we couldn't get any air into the room. Running the noisy air conditioner didn't help much because it alternated between too hot and too cold.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank FoxIslander
Reviewed July 21, 2006

Our room was overlooing the river and was quite bright. All the decor looks new and doesn't look too bad, unless you look closely.

We surprisingly got a large room ( probably because it was a wheel-chair accesible room), so we had a king size bed, and lots of space in the room (it was the corner room, so there were windows on 2 sides of the room). The bathroom was big, but not the cleanest or most attractive.

The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and evening were a nice touch, and the breakfast was ok (the make it yourself Belgian waffles were the best part of the breakfast) but this is probably not a place I would choose to stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple