“Very good homemade ice cream but a little pricey”

Zinger's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 12 Dessert in Seaside
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fresh gourmet ice cream made right here in our store. Enjoy 24 ultra-premium flavors in a homemade waffle cone, or have a shake or sundae in our parlor. Homemade hot fudge, too! Ridiculously good! Summers: Daily 1pm-9pm; Off-Season: weekends only; Closed Oct-Feb. Like us on Facebook at "ZingersIceCream"
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Definitely a great stop to make right on the main drag (Broadway) in Seaside. The owners make the ice cream themselves and there's a signboard at the entrance that tells you how they do it. Decent range of flavors (about 16 I think) considering everything is made there. About $3 for a single scoop and over $5 for two scoops, plus more if you want a waffle cone or bowl. Pricey for a family, so we just did single scoops. Nice size scoops though.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This was pretty good ice cream with a wide selection of flavors and a few original flavors. You can taste before you buy, which is nice. Our ice cream was good, but I wouldn't rate it a 10 on the "amazing ice cream" scale. The portions are standard sized, if not a little small. One (smallish) scoop on a waffle cone will cost you $4. The ice cream shop was small with few tables, which isn't that big of a deal as you can get your ice cream and walk along the beach or window shop. They also accept cash only, which is inconvenient. This doesn't affect the ice cream, but I found their choice in music to be creepy carnival music, which played over and over and over, which irritated us to the point that I was ready to leave before my ice cream was gone.

Overall I don't think we gained (or would have lost) anything by visiting (or not visiting) this little ice cream shop. It was average, not bad at all, just nothing to rant or rave about.

1  Thank Jamers05
mzinger, Owner at Zinger's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thank you for your review - just one point on the music - we play old parlor tunes from the Porter Music Box (5 CDs that rotate). Not creepy carnival music - not sure what type of carnivals you've been to!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Although there was usually a long line for this yummy treat, it is best to go when the lines are short. After you have drooled over all the choices and finally made your selection, walk to the beach to enjoy

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a taste of both the Oregon Hazelnut and the Oregon Marionberry flavors as I wanted a local product. They were both incredibly delicious. I bought the Oregon Marionberry and was very happy as it was delicious.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

You can't beat homemade ice cream at the beach. Zinger's has the best. Whole hazelnuts in their ice cream and the freshest ingredients. Another not to be missed location.