“The Best!”

Zinger's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 12 Dessert in Seaside
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fresh gourmet ice cream made right here in our store. Enjoy 24 ultra-premium flavors in a homemade waffle cone, or have a shake or sundae in our parlor. Homemade hot fudge, too! Ridiculously good! Summers: Daily 1pm-9pm; Off-Season: weekends only; Closed Oct-Feb. Like us on Facebook at "ZingersIceCream"
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Skip the other places - you can have Dreyer's at home. This stuff is amazing.

They bake their waffle cones right there where you can watch and their ice creams are all hand made without any preservatives or extra gunk.

Best ice cream cone I've ever had!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Zingers sells homemade ice cream for a reasonable price. In Seaside, there are a variety of ice cream shops. Most sell brands commonly available for purchase at the grocery store and they charge about $3 or more for one scoop. At Zingers, you get homemade for the same price and their waffle cones are the best!! The flavor varieties are more unique. We go every year. I can't say it is the best ice cream I have ever had, but I would rather go here than any of the other shops in Seaside.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had the most unfortunate experience of walking in this ice cream store in Seaside, only to by yelled @ by the owner. I was up by the ice cream but was blocked by seeing all of the selection by a family of 4. I kindly excused myself so I could wedge in & see the offerings. I was not placing an order or cutting in line. Then, out of nowhere, an older woman behind the counter started raging @ me & accusing me of cutting in line. I said I was merely looking @ the selection & never once placed an order ahead of the family blocking the case. I was so shocked is said, "I just don't know how to respond to this." She angrily stormed off to her son working around the corner behind a glass wall. Meanwhile, a younger woman stepped in & asked me if I needed help. The owner jumped in & said angrily, "Is it her turn?" I quickly left after finding the ice cream just OK but no kid size cones & quite pricey.

It has been years since I have been to Seaside, OR & I am glad to admit all of my other experiences in stores was pleasant. The ice cream shop just W. of this one offers small, kid size cones @ $1.50 w/ a smile.

3  Thank amandamaeSeattle
mzinger, Owner at Zinger's Homemade Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

There are so many inaccuracies in this review it’s hard to know where to start. First, let’s set the scene - hot summer weekday, long lines all day, and you know how people get irritated and hate to wait. We had a previous “cut in line” episode a short while before this incident, so staff were especially on guard to make certain all customers were waited on in turn. Our employee (referred to as the owner in the review) and I (the actual owner and so-called son…I’m three years younger) observed this woman cut to the front - she terms this as “I kindly excused myself so I could wedge in & see the offerings. I was not placing an order or cutting in line.” Her wedge was more of a push, and she couldn’t place an order because all employees were busy with other customers…but it was clear to our employee (and me) that she wanted service, pronto, and was tired of waiting in line. It was obvious to the family she pushed in front of, too, judging by the look on their faces.

We did try to serve her as quickly as possible (by the other employee mentioned), but obviously the pricing was the final straw - she wanted something economical and quickly, and we couldn’t provide it for her cheap enough and fast enough to suit her, so she took her revenge this way. As I stated above, lots of inaccuracies here, and in reading her other reviews (mostly negative) I noticed that many seem to harp about price, so I think I see where the problem is. It may help in the future if this reviewer actually read the menu (with all prices shown) and flavor listings in the front of the store before actually joining the line, as this might save her some time and grief.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The ice cream at Zieglar's is made on the premises so it is super fresh and tasty. Lots of great flavors!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The ice cream tastes good but there was nothing special. Standard flavors and three toppings. That is it. What is the point of this? There are many ice cream shops that will put a scoop in a cup or a cone for you. Also, they don't have any "kid's" sizes. It cost $4 for a scoop of ice cream in a cup with hot fudge topping for my 5 year old. And the ice cream tastes no better than Dreyer's.