“Great place for a church picnic or group activities.”
Review of Camp Dakota

Camp Dakota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Challenge yourself at Camp Dakota Adventures! Open for day activities and overnight camping year round by appointment. (Call ahead)Activities offered include zip line tours, paintball games, rock climbing wall, disc golf, tomahawk range, rC car racing, gold panning, 18 hole disc golf course, high ropes challenge course, and more! Overnight camping options include yurt rentals, tee pee rentals, tent sites, and RV sites. Hot showers, coffee service, firewood, snacks, ice, and camping supplies available on site.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

WE went up just for a day and watched all the fun. Paint ball seemed to be the winner of the day for the activity for the kids. Nice clean place up in the woods, off the main road. Nicely kept up

2  Thank jeannecass
There are newer reviews for Camp Dakota

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We go there several times a year. They are always adding new activities. I would highly recommend Camp Dakota to anyone. Paint ball, zip lines, camping, digging for gold, hunting for treasure, rock wall, challenge corse, Frisbee golf and more. oh and did I mention will deliver later to your campsite. BEST PLACE EVER

1  Thank patiencerose
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in a yurt and LOVED IT. Had a great time, great accomodations (for camping), kids loved panning for gold and gems, paint balling, disc golf, etc. The ONLY thing that would be better is if they had real bathrooms (instead of porta-potties) AND if the showers were free (they cost $0.25/minute). We plan on going again next year

1  Thank SharonSalem_OR
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My 10 year old daughter has been bugging me for 2 years to take her zip lining. I found this place on the internet and signed up to be on their email list. They sent me a 50% off zip lining special a few weeks later so decided this would be a good time to try it out.

My only 2 complaints about this place was the drive to get there and the lack of clearly marked parking. It is a campground and there doesn't seem to be a lot of other places for people to park who are only coming for the day.

The check in was simple...staff were friendly and professional. The zip line staff were well trained and appropriately cautious with safety procedures. The first zip line run was pretty basic, but after that the staff tried to get us to experiment a little...like stepping off the platform backwards or from the side to get more a of a swinging motion. Since zip lining itself is a little outside my comfort zone, I wasn't very adventurous in that respect, but my daughter had some fun with it.

There are a lot of other activities there that look like fun and the more advanced zip lining looks like fun as well. For someone like me who has never done it before, this is a nice easy going way to learn before spending a bunch of money down in Mexico to do an all day zip line tour. I could see this being a great place for a family reunion or group campout. Especially for people who don't necessarily have the equipment to camp since there are teepee and yurt rentals as well as the regular RV sites. I think the prices here are very reasonable....definitely will go back again.

1  Thank calindsey
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Promising location among beautiful Oregon forest, but campground, climbing wall, office, paintball area, ropes course and zip line literally crammed into very small space overhanging dusty, crunchy, noisy gravel road. Everything is on top of everything else. Huge distractions with campers driving under and through your activities. No signage saying where to go once you finish your 2 trips through a 3 station zip course that takes you less than 10 minutes to complete for your $25 fee. Our daughter wanted to add the optional advanced zip line and when we inquired it would have cost $35 additional for 1 trip through! Staff claimed it was twice as high and long, but nevertheless it certainly would have taken less than 5 minutes to zipline that for a whopping $35. We declined. (hint Camp Dakota, you are losing business!) What a rip off. We never got friendly welcoming greetings from any staff, not even a hello, even as 3 young employees led us and other customers to the zipline starting point and seemed to debate amongst themselves who would hand us our harnesses and who would man each platform. Once we engaged some in conversation many were pleasant enough, but feel the place lacks good management and customer service. We felt herded through the set-up along with many others who were booked at the same time due to a Groupon promotion. Not nearly the fun and interesting outing we had expected, and yet the place has such potential. Roads need to be rerouted away from many of the activities. All the staff needs work on making people feel the fun. The zip line pricing needs to be revamped so customers get more bang for the buck. Unfortunately we will not be back.

2  Thank Kitgordo
Johncampdakota, Owner at Camp Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Wow! What can I say but we failed to meet your expectations and our goal of providing an excellent experience for all of our guests. We will work harder in the future. The Winslow family and all of our dedicated staff strive to make each guest feel welcome and our goal is create lasting relationships and provide excellent value. Thank you for your input.

John Winslow