“Went for my sons 4th birthday he caught his 1st fish!”
Review of Rainbow Trout Farm

Rainbow Trout Farm
Reviewed October 14, 2014

This was the second time we have been to the farm and had a great time. Staff was very helpful from the start. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. Calm peaceful atmosphere. Our group was 4 adults and 3 kids. I tried my luck at the big fish pond and caught a huge one, so much fun! The kids all caught their own dinner also! We did not celebrate the birthday there though I wish I had, there are BBQ area and its perfect for a picnic. My son loves tractors and he even got a ride from the owner (Thank you again!) The owner and daughter even cleaned and packed our fish on ice for the trip home. Definitely going back. I recommend this experience. Check out the website for important details. Be respectful and read the rules and you will have a blast!

1  Thank Okusanlaura
"stories"
"fisherman"
"lakes"

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I went here with my 4 year old son and his friends. They were all excited to go fishing like little boys are... As we were standing there trying to decide what package to buy, my sons friend touched one of the (very old/crapy) fishing poles... The grumpy old lady wacked his hand and said read the rules!!! These are children! I couldn't believe it! She is a b$t@h! The boy working there said, "if you don't like our rules then don't fish!" We were all shocked that she physically hit him, and this boy was talking to the kids this way! I debated calling the cops but my children were crying at this point and we were so shocked, we left! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HERE! THE WOMAN IS CRAZY, when we confronted her she said, "mind your children," again, I can't believe this place is in business!

14  Thank 304b
Reviewed August 15, 2014

First time going to the farm and it was best case scenario with a 3yr old son and 4yr old autistic son, they both caught their 1st , 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th fish on this trip and peaked their interest in fishing, that was the goal and it was accomplished, they loved it. Staff was great while cleaning their fish showing them how its done etc. Definitely gonna make an annual trip of this with them, regular fishing in between so they know what its all about. Will for sure recommend to anyone I come across.

1  Thank EaglesFanFatherOfTwo
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I travel with my daughter and her 4pounds dog 40 miles for one day fishing trip. I must say this was not my first visit to the farm but never before we vent there with dog. It is my fault I did not check for rules but I must tell the story what happen on farm. We were crossing parking lot when woman with crazy black hair start yelling don't bring dog. She was very rude , just told her you just lost costumer and we went to car. My daughter was thirsty and we went to picnic area just to have some water and sandwich after driving 40 miles for nothing. Couple minutes after that she come again and start yelling again GET OUT OF MY PROPERTY AND DONT EVER COME BACK AGAIN!!! I FELT SO BAD FOR MY DAUGHTER SHE HAD TO LISTEN THAT. We left and go to MIRROR LAKE AND HAD GREAT TIME AND OUR DAY GO PERFECT!!! I just don't understand how she can have license for business!!!! SHE NEED HEAD DOCTOR!!!! My advice is DONT GO EVER!!!!!

10  Thank Stjepan C
See more reviews
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I brought my grandchildren to the trout farm yesterday. Having read the mixed reviews on this site, I was a bit nervous. The owners and staff were great. Very patient with our utter inexperience with fishing tackle, very helpful. My grandkids were ecstatic. They've been fishing before, but have never caught a fish. Yesterday, they caught 5 fish 12" to 16" in length. They were so excited, proud, and happy. They were telling their first "fishing" stories at the dinner table yesterday, as their father grilled the fish. The Rainbow farm is beautiful, with trails, bridges, benches, rushing water thru the ponds shaded by beautiful old trees. We will go back! Can't say enough good things.

2  Thank Suzanne B