“Nice Place!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Nice Place!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The staff was very helpful and personable. The room was clean and so was the pool. The free breakfast was yummy. We stayed there for a week and never had 1 issue. The place is dog friendly too. I thought it rocked!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jeremiah H, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the generous review of our hotel! We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we’re truly humbled to be your hotel of choice. We definitely look forward to your return and wish you safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We checked in late in the day. June was @ the front desk. I didn't know that there is no elevator in the building until I was there. I was given a room on the 2nd fl. which turned out to be fine after I brought up the luggage. I thought I had booked a room with a queen bed at the time. I don't think this room had a queen in it. The trash outside the room was not picked up for a couple of days we had to ask to have this done. The staff was very helpful and did their best. I had to ask for plastic cups to be replaced this should be done without having to ask. Enough complaining I did enjoy my stay in Oregon. A warm hello to the young man @ the front desk in the morning. There is a Fred Meyer in town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremiah H, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are so sorry we did not meet your expectations, and we will research your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Dover, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here after a cruise in Alaska. I came off the ship with some bad virus. My husband nursed me back to health here. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. There was a laundry where my husband washed our clothes while I regained my strength. The staff was very helpful to us and accomodating in every way, even telling my husband about a good Doctor in town. We were lucky to be in an area where he could walk closeby for his lunch and dinner, and a grocery next door supplied me with everything to get better so I could finish our vacation in Oregon on a positive note! No views on the back side but I really didn't care anyway. This place was just what I needed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have no view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Sandy Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.
I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to
continue their efforts.
Santa Maria, CA
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We spent nearly a week here while visiting family. The hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. I was impressed by how large the rooms where. There was a mini fridge and microwave, a table and 2 chairs as well as a desk with a task chair.The hotel has a free breakfast and free wifi. The Safeway is next door so we were able to avoid eating out.The Tollgate Inn Bakery which is just down Hwy 26 has the best bear claws and eclairs that I have eaten in a long time. They go great with the free coffee from the hotel, which by the way is very good. They use Tully's and it isn't too weak.The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. We will stay there again when we are in Sandy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I
am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed January 14, 2012

From the moment of checking with Taylor to our departure 2 days later with Ashley ... we felt like we were leaving our home away from home with the luggage just getting in the way!
We had other family members registered this time and they were able to enjoy the amentities as well. The pool and breakfast a big hit with the wee ones.
Thank you for the quiet, clean and spacious room ... you know that we will return soon.
Marc & Darline

Room Tip: North side the best ... local school track and field down the hillside and not used in the evenings...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the kind review of our hotel! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We are honored that you repeatedly choose the Best Western Sandy Inn and we where able to exceed your expectations. We enjoyed having you stay with us and sincerely hope to have you back again soon. Thanks again and we wish you happy travels!
Vernonia, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. Ashley was the gal who I spoke to when booking and anytime I had a question while I was there......super helpful :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed one night while in Sandy for a wedding. Our room (205) was very spacious and well appointed, clean and comfortable. The location left a bit to be desired as it is situated in a shopping center. The staff was professional and polite when interacting with guests. The breakfast was minimally acceptable at best. Poor quality food presented with little or no attempt at presentation. (Even by hotel standards the fare was not very good.) Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Sandy and not wanting to stay in Portland. It provides all the basics one could want at a reasonable price (88+tax - internet special)

Room Tip: Some rooms (205) are extra large for which they do not charge a premium.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 141 in Portland
Best Western Plus Parkersville Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Sandy Inn? Share your experiences!