“Best carne asada I've had in ages!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Torta Caliente - CLOSED

La Torta Caliente
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Best carne asada I've had in ages!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm from southern california and am always looking for a good carne asada taco/burrito. On our way home from the mountain, I was craving mexican food and came across the reviews on this place. I insisted we had to go. When we pulled up to the place, it was definitely a hole in the wall joint and you have second thoughts but I just had to try it. The owner/chef was very friendly. I ordered the asada taco, my hubby ordered all of the tacos and my toddler had the breakfast burrito. All of these were very very good! I'm glad we stopped to experience the food. It will definitely be a pit stop for us on our way to/from the mtns.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank V S

Portland, Oregon
“We love everything there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a hidden Gem for me to get my fix for Mexican food....It much better then most places and reminds me of a food cart in mexico or small hole the wall with good fast food..We love their bfast wraps

• Visited December 2013
Brightwood, Oregon
“Just What You Wanted, Just the Right Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Delicious Tortas (Mexican Sandwich Wraps). Prepared by those who know the form the best. Enormous portions served in foil, guaranteed to stay warm for hours. Friendly service and delicious food, all for the dollar bills left in your pockets.

Oregon
“Very basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Small little building...it's literally like eating IN someone's kitchen. The burritos seemed to be fine...and inexpensive. Nachos not as good. The cook/owner spoke enough English to get by....nice gal. An okay stop on the way to boarding but not someplace we'll go to often.

“Best mexican in oregon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

A hidden gem...these ladies know what theyre doing with their delicious, passionately made authentic grub that warms the belly and perfectly satiates my craving for comfort food. I will be returning and spreading the word this place is destined for success. Perfectly relaxing atmosphere as well, peaceful. Had a chicken taco, nachos grande w shredded beef and chicken torta ~ all were beyond amazing. thank you for the top notch service!