“Be clear about whether the room is non-smoking and hike to...”
Review of Knights Inn Salem

Knights Inn Salem
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the rate and proximity to my meeting. When I checked in the desk clerk checked my in with little interest or friendliness. She ran my credit card and handed me a receipt. I thought she charged me more than the quoted rate and asked for an invoice. She claimed I would get one in the morning when I checked out.
When I checked out in the morning I pointed out the discrepancy and she stated something about people tipping $10 and was completely rude and put out that I asked to be charged what I was quoted. If you are looking for the even the slightest level of hospitality or customer service this place is not for you. If you are looking for a place close to downtown that is affordable and the staff is rude to you then this is your place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeU230
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Travelodge Salem was pretty lame. Pool was out of service... in August. Plumbing was terrible. Advertised continental breakfast... did not exist. Coffee was good. The beds were painful the rooms while tidy had a grimy feel. The handles were even missing from the deal drawers.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank travelinghollie

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The first room the TV only worked on maybe half the channels and after 3 hours of waiting to be transferred to the second room they moved us too did not have a flat panel mounted on the wall, just a small TV sitting on the dresser so was hard to see! The bed was only a queen that had a dip in the middle of it so when we woke up our backs were hurting. The breakfast they provided was either a yogurt or a danish from costco and thats it! The wifi is a router they have sitting in their bedroom window and it was super SLOWWWWW! Should have stayed someplace else!!!!!

Room Tip: They dont have a restaurant or a fitness center
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry K
Seattle
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not too great a place, I guess you get what you pay for! One of the pillow cases appeared to have dried buggers on it. The paint on the bathroom ceiling was peeling and the bathroom door had a hole punched in it. See below about the ants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Vancouver Island
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The big plus for us was that they are close to the Amtrak station and we were arriving by bike from Eugene (doing the Willamette Valley Bikeway route.. which by the way we highly recommend for leisure cyclists like us) The motel was clean but dark in the rooms with "energy saving" lightbulbs. We felt overall it was an ok stay but felt the owners were trying to be economical at every turn ...minimal breakfast, no outdoor furniture or place to sit outdoors and we really missed having a pool after cycling all day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends