“Convenient but broken”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Knights Inn Salem

Knights Inn Salem
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ashland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked a room here because it was walking distance to the state capitol (saving at least $10 parking) and cheap to begin with -- $57 with taxes. It met my low expectations. Shabby outside, better inside. Room had been refurbished recently with newish carpets and nicely re-tiled bath. Bed was fine, quiet enough not to need earplugs, flat screen TV with satellite, good wi-fi speed. On downside, shabby furniture, heat/ac nearing end of lifetime, and coffeemaker in need of cleaning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Summer Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean and welcoming-- family-owned and operated.
Reasonable rates, simple continental breakfast.
Thanks!

Hyde Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nothing special. Has flat screen TV, somewhat comfortable bed, a shower but no tub..don't know about other rooms. Heater worked but like a lot of other hotels, it's outdated in that the thermostat doesn't shot it off. Place was clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ellensburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Travelodge in Salem, OR March 15-16. While I was disappointed to find that the place wasn't very clean nor the bed very comfortable, what really aggravated me was the noisy parties and how the staff did not deal with it. There were 10-12 noisy, drunken young people screaming and swearing until about 12:00am, and then either the same crowd or different crowd arrived and started partying again from 2:30am - 6:00am. Since I was attending a conference both days, I found the lack of sleep extremely irritating and I was unable to focus the entire day on Saturday. I called the front desk several times to get them to quite down the party-goers, without success. I'd expected them to be removed from the room, just as if they were at another hotel causing that much trouble. Instead, what little sleep I got was extremely poor quality. And then, in the morning, their idea of free continental breakfast was coffee and flattened, packaged pastries. Not appealing. I've learned my lesson about staying in cheap motels.

Everett
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Pros: Great Price -even got an AARP discount; Location - 4 blocks from meeting; free WiFi; fast service on repairing room safe
Cons: Room safe didn't work (I was told use of the safe was an extra $1.50 but eventually I wasn't charged); clunky room heat controls - although there was adequate heat; Minimum quality of 'continental breakfast; WiFi was slow and didn't work well with NetFlix (Ipad was OK).

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Even though I booked ahead of time through hotels.com and sent a request for the top floor weeks ahead of time I was told they didn't have any available and I had to pay another $12.00 to be up stairs. We even checked in 2 hours early to make sure we could get upstairs and there were only 2 cars in the parking lot. When I asked the older desk guy about it the next day he wouldn't even look me in the eye. The room was not dirty and the bathroom was alright but the walls were paper thin. You could here the people next door cough and a constant slamming of doors till 2:45am. Then there is the train who's horn WILL wake you up from a dead sleep every hour. The mattress was uncomfortable and made a cruncy noise like it had a plastic cover on it. Turns out with the $12.00 addition we could have stayed at the Red Lion for the same price and I would have had I not booked through hotels.com and already paid my money. I've never had a bait & switch like this happen anywhere I've ever stayed and I'm 53 years old and have stayed in quite a few places. I will never stay in another Travel Lodge or recommend them. Trust me, spend the extra $10-20 and stay in a real hotel. Our names are Mitch Wheeler & Holly Hunt and we were there this last Saturday March 9th in room 216 if the management wants to make this right. If not I hope the $12 extra is worth all the bad press I'm going to write. It came to $74.00 total so the previous reviews are right it's not worth more than $50 and make sure you have a lot of sleeping pills.

Room Tip: Don't get one here they are all tooooo close to the tracks.