“A winning attitude and team”

Red Lion Hotel Salem
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Astoria, Oregon
“A winning attitude and team”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stay at this hotel quite a bit as our corporate offices are in Salem. Not only are they pet-friendly - sign up for the Perks program so Fido stays free – but they are smiling and helpful. The rooms vary with some being truly small, to others being large and featuring weird green chairs (love those). I only recall one cleanliness issue (former occupants clothing), which they rectified right away.

Love Brian and James in the bar. Both mix great drinks and tell great stories. James knows so much about almost any topic, that it's worth it just to listen to him.

It's a very friendly, homey experience. The beds are comfy, although the toilets are loud.

Room Tip: If size matters, ask for a more spacious room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank L_Sellers-Earl
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Salem. I know that you have a choice in where you stay, and am very thankful for your continued loyalty and patronage. I hope that we continue to dazzle and amaze you on each and every stay with us. We have been blessed by having a team of truly gifted staff members. Most everyone here actually enjoys their work and has chosen this industry as their passion. This is why you may see so many smiling faces as you pass through the lobby. The kind words you used to describe your experience with us are a great motivation, and I have shared them with the staff as well. This type of encouragement is the fuel that drives us. Thank you for making us feel proud to have served you to the highest standards of quality and service. I hope to have many more opportunities to serve you! Have a wonderful week, and see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds on an upper floor, and it was very spacious and clean. I loved that they had an armchair and a small bench to sit on in addition to the desk chair. The location was great - easy to find, and easy to get back to after doing stuff in the city. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and always said hello when they saw us in the halls.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Salem with us. I am delighted that you were pleased with the level of service and quality you received. It is our goal to make each and every stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and I am glad we did not fail to do so during your stay. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Have a wonderful week, and see you soon!
Yuba City, California, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice & Clean Hotel, Near I-5,Better in every regard,though it is old furniture & old style, but value was & location near I-5, I will sure stay again, The front desk is very responsive, Ned to repair AC , very noisy,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and telling us how we did. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and were very pleased with the quality of service you received. It is our mission to make each guest as comfortable as possible. With amenities such as room service, indoor heated pool, dry sauna, fitness center, business center, award winning restaurant on site, and conference space (to name a few), Red Lion Hotel Salem is perfect for your needs. I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again in the near future!
Virginia City, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited family in Salem, so we called ahead to Red Lion. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The cart do move belongings to the room is a real plus. As always at Red Lion, the staff are all friendly and cheerful.

Room Tip: The rooms are all on the second floor and above.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of quality and service to our guests. I hope that we will get the opportunity to serve you for many years to come. Please come back and see us again soon!
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every time we visit Salem. Rooms are big, beds are comfortable and the location is easy to get in and out. On site food is good, great place to eat across the street and very reasonable for the accommodations they offer. Thanks Red Lion and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind words. It is our mission to make each and every stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and I am delighted to see that we provided you with a first rate stay. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future!
Centralia, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel really impressed me with the quality of service and friendliness of the staff. We had a rough start trying to get set up through Travelocity (NEVER AGAIN), but when we called the hotel directly, they really stepped up to take care of us and make sure we were happy. I was so satisfied that I felt very taken care of and valued. I did wish there might have been a little sectioned off area to take the dogs, but we found an easy area to bring them down to for business. We were traveling with 2 large dogs and everyone was friendly and helpful.

The room was comfortable and clean. I really did not like the pillows and will definitely make sure to pack my own if I stay here again... they were really small and uncomfortable. There was no hotel guide in the room, which I would have liked to have. We had a nice little balcony on our room. We ended up checking in late and had been looking forward to swimming all day - the staff was wonderful and allowed us an extra 45 minutes past the pool closing so we could get settled and get a swim in. That was very nice of them - although I have to say, the pool was way too cold and really needed a little heat in it. We only stayed in 10 minutes and couldn't handle the cold anymore.

We had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning, and had received coupons for it. The food was pretty good. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will definitely plan to stay here again - so pet friendly with easy access to the freeway - we will be back the next time we are in Oregon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. It is through the honest commentary of our guests that we shape our training and policies to create a superior experience for our guests. We know that without your continued support we would not exist. We take these reviews very seriously for that reason, and listen to our guests as to where we are doing well and which areas we can improve on. I want you to know that I have shared your kind words, and your concerns, with senior management and we are dedicated to making your next stay even more amazing. Please come back soon and put us to the test again!
Puyallup, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

check in was ok not to complane mantance on holel is way over do. walked down long dark dinge hall way to room slide card open door to pitch black room felling all over wall for light switch not there finely find a lamp turn it on and wow 2 qween size beds in a very small room.every thing dark and dingy in bad need of remodel.time to take shower look for hooks to hang thing on gess what throw my things on floor take hot shower gess what next fill room with steem bathroom fan dosnt work that.Ok done with that now it time to have a cold drink and relax need pop and ice.So i start looking for hotel guide dont most hotels have a guide nnot this one.Ok iam done going to bed the bed was great.Get up in morning make the one pot 2 cups that just isnt ample for 2 people so go down to loby to get my wife and i another cup dont most hotels have free coffee in the loby nnot.Person at desk gives me another packet for room make it to go they give you 2 go cups in room cool gess what lids dont fit cups thats it iam done with this place.This hotel need remodleing of its management and fasilty. I booked this with hotwire hope i never get stuck at a redlion agian

Room Tip: Dont stay at Redlion Hotels
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brad A
RizAbid, Guest Services Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am deeply sorry for the issues you experienced. I assure you that we take each and every stay very seriously and I have brought these concerns to the attention of senior management. I hope that you will stay with us again to see how your comments have helped us to better serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels