“Big Disappointment”

Red Lion Hotel Salem
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Salem
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed August 4, 2003

Very sub-standard to other Red Lion Inns I have stayed. Rooms need updating, beds uncomfortable, air conditioning could be either on and cold or off/no temperature setting. Tub did not drain well; all in all very disappointed in accomodations. Plus, though stated have continental breakfast, if you have any kind of discount, you don't get it (give a coupon out). Staff friendly and as helpful as possible, but would never stay there again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RedLionSalemGM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Salem, responded to this review, December 2, 2016
Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Reviewed April 2, 2003

I chose this hotel based on the previous review on this site. I was disappointed to realize that this Red Lion was a hotel that I had stayed in previously when it was associated with a lesser hotel chain. I hoped that I would see improvements. Not only could I not see improvements but my stay was not enjoyable. The beds are extremely uncomfortable and the room was outdated and old. The worst part of my stay was when I went to dry my hands on the hand towel that the housekeeping service had just placed in my room and it had feces and pink lipstick on it. We took it downstairs and they replaced the towel, but took no responsibility. We also had to later take down our bedspread as when I turned down the bed I found dark, brown stains on the spread. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel does not live up to Red Lion standards and it is not clean. The Shilo Suites across the street is a much cleaner value for your money. The staff were courteous about the problem, but refused to make any retributions and minimized their responsibility - at one point blaming us for the dirty towel!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Reviewed January 6, 2003

I'd highly recommend the Red Lion for anyone passing through Salem. We got stuck in holiday traffic during the Thanksgiving holiday and arrived not knowing what to expect. Found a spacious room, courteous staff, reasonable room service prices and a bar downstairs to relax after the long road trip.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for staying with us and providing the feedback.
Travelers also viewed these Salem hotels
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites
The Grand Hotel in Salem
Shilo Inn Suites - Salem
Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 23 in Salem

Been to Red Lion Hotel Salem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Lion Hotel Salem

Property: Red Lion Hotel Salem
Address: 3301 Market St NE, Salem, OR 97303
Location: United States > Oregon > Salem
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Hotel Class:3 star — Red Lion Hotel Salem 3*
Welcome to the Salem Oregon the capital city of Oregon. The Red Lion Hotel Salem is located on Market Street, just off I-5 and minutes from downtown, the State Capitol, Salem Center, the Oregon State Fair Grounds, Woodburn Outlet Mall and Oregon Gardens. We are in close proximity to the The HOOP (5.1 miles), Garmin (4.1 miles), Sanyo (5.85 miles), Salem Hospital (5.22 miles), T-Mobile (6.89 miles) and Home Depot Distribution Center (5.45 miles).Our 148 spacious guest rooms and six executive suites are newly renovated and Red Lion's signature plush Sealy pillowtop beds, Eco Fresh Environmentally Responsible Products (ERP), complimentary wi-fi, coffee makers and hairdryers. All guestrooms include microwaves and refrigerators as well. We offer room service and valet laundry services. For fun and relaxation, swim in our indoor pool or work out in our fitness center, which also includes a dry sauna. You'll enjoy the flavors of the great northwest at Willamette Valley Grill Restaurant and 3301 Ultra Lounge, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With 10,000 square feet of meeting space, the Red Lion Hotel Salem is also able to accommodate up to 600 guests for your next conference or special occasion.Parents, students and alumni will find us conveniently close to all of the area's universities and colleges. Willamette University is just 3 miles west of the hotel and Chemeketa Community College 4 miles north. Two other universities that are nearby are Corban College, just 8 miles South, and Western Oregon University 15 miles West. The only HUT Portland Airport shuttle location in Salem. For care, comfort and value, visit the Red Lion Hotel Salem where our staff is always ready to respond to your every need. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Lion Hotel Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salem Red Lion