“Pleasant place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Everett, Washington
“Pleasant place to stay”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms, well-equipped with fridge,microwave, easy chair, small sofa, and desk. Large counter in bathroom. Top floor rooms slightly longer.

Breakfast typical for the chain, complete and filling. Wish they had real scrambled eggs instead of the pre-fab patties. Newspapers and cookies free at front desk.

Near airport (as name implies) and less than half a mile north of Costco on Mission Street.

Hotel far back from street so all rooms equally immune from road noise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stay here for business often, staff if always polite and helpful. It is close to what I need when I am in town on business, but I would stay here if in town for pleasure because if my previous experiences at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful location in a modern business park. In the early morning, took our dog for a walk through manicured landscaping and even a couple ponds that were full of waterfowl. The parking lots and sidewalks were still empty and it was rather peaceful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your comments and review.
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

From the warm cookies at night to the great beds and service this hotel has served me well everytime I come to Salem. I stay here often enough that they know my name ......breakfast is great and all the staff are wonderful I recommend this hotel anytime you're in Salem.

• Stayed October 2013
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We love to hear that we make our guests feel at home. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is average which was expected so I was not disapointed in any way. The rooms are nice for one or two and are both clean and comfortable. I also found the palce to be very quiet and fine for buiness, however nothing special. One nice item is they provide a light meal during the dinner hour gratis on Monday through Wednesday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are working on making ourselves more than "average". We have alot of things in the works and hope that if you get back in our area again, you will give us another look.
Southport, NC
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Comfort Inn was a very nice hotel more a 4 1/2 than a 4. The rooms were big, nicely appointed and clean. The people seemed nice but I would like to have seen the breakfast lady restocking the breakfast more. It was 45 minutes before it ended and many items were needing restocking. I saw a few people have to go ask for items like hard boiled eggs because the lady never came out of the back. Can't say if she was friendly since I never saw her. I would stay her again and recomend the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Impalajohn
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

THEY WOULD NOT HONOR MY RESERVATION !

I had a reservation for the Comfort Suites Airport, at 630 Hawthorne SE, in Salem Oregon. The hotel clerk refused to honor it and I was left stranded and offered no assistance or guidance to stay elsewhere. I needed a place to stay and I was worn-out but was refused entry or assistance for alternative lodging. I telephoned the facility a week after my experience and waited 15 to 20 rings before someone answered the telephone. I left my name and number for the General Manager in order to voice my concern but was never contacted.

I am a 61 year old professional with means and a moderate business traveling demand but was received by their clerk in a most unwelcoming and unprofessional manner; ever experienced throughout my lengthy career.

I am certain many weary business travelers out there know the feeling of finally arriving at your lodging, fatigued and in business attire, which lost its fresh appearance many hours ago. After traveling and working during the day I arrived at the hotel after dark. With a print-out of my confirmation email accompanied by a digital image on my smartphone, I was denied and turned away by the receptionist.

D-----, the obnoxious clerk with a bad odor and a dirty polo shirt, would not let me in and told me my reservation was invalid. He said there was a mix-up in billing and he would not allow me to stay. The clerk next to him suggested to D------ to let me in, while charging my personal credit card. D------ ignored the suggestion and basically told me I was out of luck, in a most obnoxious fashion.

I appealed for entry while offering payment with my personal credit card, in an effort to stay the night, all to no avail. I was very tired and needed the rest. I offered to resolve the billing error in the morning while charging the room to my personal Visa for the time being, as long as I could stay the night. D------ wouldn't have it and was more interested remaining argumentative and contentious.

I asked him to be more solution oriented and not to raise his voice at me. However, D----- still ill-mannered, kept his confrontational demeanor and I gained no progress toward a solution in my unfortunate predicament. My appeals, proposed solution and reservation were all null and void.

Dear Comfort Suites Management, please be aware that your clerk is unkind and a deplorable representative of your hotels. Thank you for affording me to express my experience.

Cordially,

RVT, Weary Traveler,
Bend, Oregon

Room Tip: Reservation is not a sure thing, consider being ready for alternative lodging.