“Very Clean & Continental DINNER”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay at Comfort Inn's and Quality Inns when ever I travel. This is definately on my favorite list. My daughter attends college in Oregon and we love staying at this hotel. Not only is the hotel very clean which is super important to me but they have a wonderful breakfast and even better they have that extra special touch.....They offer a continental dinner on certain days during the week.....it's amazing!! Where do you ever find a continental DINNER??? Very rare in fact this is the only hotel I know of that has ever provided this service. That just goes to show you that they go the extra mile for their customers and I APPRECIATE it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank April B
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write a review on our hotel. Glad you enjoyed our little extra snack in the evening. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We came for the annual convention of Jeovah's Witnesses. We love it here and will be back! The rooms are very spacious and very clean. The hotel staff are all so nice and helpful. The breakfast is great. Really, I can't say enough good about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you! We appreciate having you stay with us a 2nd time. Hopefully we s
see you next year!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have never had a bad stay here. I had made a mistake and booked at one of their other hotels in a different location and the staff were wonderful helping me get my reservation figured out. Not only did they get me straightened out, but they kept my specific reservation with a full house. I couldn't ask for anymore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you :) Glad we could help!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is a reasonably good value for money. It is not the top or the bottom of the market, but strives to be simply a place to hang you hat overnight. Check-in process was very slow. I wait nearly 10 minutes while the person ahead of me was taken care of, and then another 10 minutes while I was checked-in. Turned out the person on the desk was a trainee. He was confused by my prepaid room, and wasn't clear how to handle it. He finally went back and brought the MOD (manager-on-duty) out to help when he got stuck. The manager should have been here from the outset, particularly when thre were people waiting.

The room qualifies as a "suite" as it has a mini-fridge and a microwave, with a small sitting area in the king-bed units. We found the bed hard, to our tastes. It's clear the bed and furniture have not been upgraded in a while.

The room is date, and worn, but but unacceptably so. Everything was clean and functional, although I found dark hairs on the sheets near the pillows, and on the nightstand. Probably just the maid's. There were no lingering oders in the room, which was great.

All-in-all, it was just one for our needs, and represented a good value, for just over $100.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our staff. I hope that if you get back to our area, you will give us another try.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel for only one night -- we had a three night reservation. We were visiting our college daughter, who will usually stay in the room with us for one or two nights of the stay. The internet reservation photo:
-- clearly shows a sofa, that you would assume could be used for sleeping on,
-- and they do not have roll-away beds at this hotel!
The room instead had two chairs instead of a sofa!! The room was very dated: blue flowered border at the top of the room's wall and very old refrig and microwave. Additionally, the king suite (misnomer on suite) was very, very small. We asked to move to a two queen room, but none were available. We moved out next morning to a nearby hotel that meet our our needs.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing both the good things and the things we need to improve on. We are working hard to improve everyday.. I'm sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

All I can say is that the manager on the desk was rude, surly, and when I expressed my displeasure was told that "I no longer had a reservation". She essentially kicked me out of the hotel because I wasn't happy with the service. Good luck.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank JosephJFuller
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

We take all of of comments about our staff and hotel seriously. Thank you for your input, We take great pride in our hotel and staff and do the very best we can to take care of all of our guests.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

As I sit here in 1st floor room 112 on the east side, with our window facing the freeway, it is unbelievable how loud the freeway noise is! Window and drapes are closed and it feels like I'm only yards from the freeway. Yes, everything else about this motel is very good ++. But no amount of great things offsets the ridiculously high freeway noise. Yes, I can sleep with earplugs in but there should be warnings from the motel when it is this noisy!!! PS of course there were no other king bed rooms available.

Room Tip: High freeway noise levels. Stay on the western side, but if you do get stuck on the eastern side as...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I would like to apologize for the issues that occurred during your recent stay at our hotel. We have issued a refund for your stay. We try to do everything we can to keep our guests happy, unfortunately, the hotel was full and we didn't have any other king rooms available. we hope that in the future you will give us another try.