“Clean but some issues”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Salem
MarinCounty1
“Clean but some issues”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed two nights while in Salem. The room was quite clean and well maintained. We found the front desk staff rather passive on check in and check out - very little conversation and no thank you's in terms of our stay or our business. The biggest problem for us was a FIRE ALARM that went off in the hall outside our room at 6:45 am on a Sunday morning!! It was turned off several minutes later, but there was no going back to sleep after that. This was our only day to sleep late. Also troubling was NO direction from staff either during or after the alarm sounded in terms of whether it was a mistake or whether there was a problem. We were left guessing. Also, one of the two queen beds in our room creaked loudly whenever the occupant moved in it. Annoying. Also, choose a room on the parking lot side. There is a LOT of freeway noise on the other side...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
I would like to offer an apology for the issues that occurred during your recent stay with us. I hope that if you are in the area again you will give us another try. I would be happy to offer you a free night the next time you are in town, please just contact me directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great room size set up. Great place to stay with your family. The amenities were up to date LED tv with usb hookup so you wouldn't an bring your own movies. The desk is set up to charge all of your devices and get your work done. I never hooked to the complimentary internet because I brought my own. Hope you all enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room. We hope that if you are back in Salem you give us another try as well.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here one night, but it was good. A clean and nice room.No smoking was ever done in this place which is good.You get a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee maker in the room. Friendly front desk staff. Cookies hanging out for you at the front desk. breakfast was good. There were two different kinds of waffles, eggs, and two kinds of breakfast sausage, biscuits and gravy and your normal bakery items and drinks. Plenty of parking! I plan on staying here again next time we need to be in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank m_17kisses
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing the good with the bad. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stay here off and on for work in Salem. This hotel is in a safe area that you won't have to worry about your car in the parking lot. The staff are courteous but not overly friendly. The breakfast is pretty good for a continental breakfast. The only complaint I would have is that the house keeping of the rooms could be better but isn't terrible.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room any time I stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard25714
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take all of the comments and hopefully find ways to make things better for our guests. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are here as well
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel to Salem at least 40 nights a year at this location and have been staying for the last three years. The staff are always nice, friendly and helpful. The hotel is set back from the road and the interstate is very quiet. The rooms are clean, comfortable and odor free. There is always plentiful parking. All rooms have mini fridges and microwaves and there is a bbq grill on the patio that the guests can use.

The only thing I would change is to be able to bring at least one of my large dogs with me. Dogs 50 lbs. or less are welcome (my smallest is 120 lbs.).

I would and do recommend this hotel to people traveling to Salem, OR.

Laurie G.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laurie G
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We love having pets at our property. The next time you are coming, send me a email gm.or055@choicehotels.com and I'll make sure we can take care of your pet!
Dayton, Tennessee
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here based on comments from friends. Room was very nice and was very clean. Breakfast bar/dinner area was very clean. Dinner was good (burritos and chilli). Staff was very friendly and actually had some personality to interact with. When I made my reservation they were extremely helpful and answered any questions that I had. Dorane was on the front desk when I checked in and was very helpful with directing me to places to eat and to a local store. I would definitely stay here again based on this experience with both the hotel itself and the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
gmor055, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Salem. We appreciate the feedback.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Clean, odor free, large rooms. We came on the strength of the reviews here. We were not disappointed. Enjoyed seeing a woman walking her large dog in the hallway. It is set back fom the road quite away and was a little hard to find and get to.

• Stayed December 2012
gmor055, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.