I mainly chose to stay here out of frugality and because they had an indoor pool. However, if I had to do it over again, I would have spent the extra $ to get a little nicer "hotel". The night employee was very friendly and helpful, especially since she had to come play "plumber" in our room because our toilet wouldn't flush. We ended up changing rooms because of it. In the next room, we experienced a small challenge with the shower drain, but since it was so late and we were all pretty tired, especially after dragging our suitcases up the stairs, then back down to the next room, I didn't want to mess around with reporting another issue. The only real amenities that we enjoyed here were the pool and spa, which were both surprisingly large and quite refreshing. We were pretty hungry after a couple hours of swimming, but we were afraid to leave our room at night because of the kinds of people who were hanging around the hotel and the parking lot. My cousin who lives near Salem says this is the "bad part" of town. Of course, she couldn't have told me that BEFORE I booked it! It was pretty noisy with the partying guests near us, as well as the noise from the freeway. Luckily, the heater in our room was also pretty loud, so it helped drown it out. The breakfast the next morning was free, but that was the only thing it had going for it. Plus, it was served in a separate building, which was quite a walk away from our room. My advice: spend the extra $10-$20 and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Black Bear has 101 rooms and offers a complimentary Full, Hot breakfast every morning. The friendly, helpful staff at the Days Inn is ready to ensure an enjoyable stay for guests traveling on both business and pleasure. Located near Interstate 5 in Salem, Oregon the hotel offers all of the amenities to make a guest feel right at home. Our property has a Indoor heated pool and sps, exercise facility and two saunas. A tennis court and playground are also on site. Free over-sized vehicle parking and guest laundry facilities are also available for your convenience. All of the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators as well as irons and ironing boards and hair dryers. All have access to premium cable channels including HBO and free wifi. Pets are welcome for a $11 a day pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Black Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Salem Hotel Salem
- Best Western Salem
- Salem Best Western
- Days Inn Black Bear Salem, Oregon